Problem with CM11A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with CM11A

I downloaded the X10 plugin and attached an old CM11A I had lying around and everything was working fine. Then I added a Zwave device and all the X10 stopped working. Under manage plugins it says "Fatal Unable to communicate with CM11A, no response to status request." I have tried rebooting, using different ports and even replacing the batteries in the CM11A.

According to tech support there should be no conflict between Zwave and X10 on the Zee2 like apparently there was on the original Zee so the How To sticky about Zwave and X10 at the same time does not apply to the Zee2.

I suppose it is possible that the CM11A just died, but the timing of it happening right after I added a Zwave device is suspicious. I don't even know how I would test the CM11A to see if it works because I don't have a computer with a serial port any more to plug it in to.

Any ideas?

I recently enabled the CM11a on my setup and have been experiencing the same issue.

I still have a few X-10 devices left in the house and I have been operating them through an XTB connected to an RCS CommStar connected to HS2 through the Stargate plugin connected to HS3 through Jon00's HS2->HS3.

I think you can tell why I wanted to move the X-10 to HS3!

I thought at first it was my CM11a - which has been sitting on the shelf for years. But based on your post, perhaps not.

I have noticed that I can get the plugin to work if I go into manage plugins and then enable and disable it a couple of times. But it invariably won't stick and starts throwing error messages.

I do not have batteries in the CM11a - someone told me a long time ago that this wasn't needed when using it tied to the computer - not sure if that was legit advice or not?

I am using a Z-Net for most of my lighting. I see no specific evidence of any connection between this issue and Z-wave activities - but I wasn't looking out for that, so now I will.

Comment

Based on my reading I don't think you need the batteries either. Supposedly they were just to keep the clock going in case of a power outage. Occasionally if I disconnect the CM11A, plug it back in and restart the app it will say "OK" for a while but it won't actually send signals. Then it will say "critical" and then give the "fatal" message.

I am also wondering if it could have anything to do with the USB to serial interface cable but again I am not sure how I would diagnose that.

Comment

I am using a rack mounted USB to serial. I am not sure if this is an issue although it works fine with other devices. I do have one serial port on the server - I could try that. But it seems unlikely.

Comment

X10 & Z-wave operational status

I have both X10 and Z-wave devices running on my RPI-2 with no problems - BUT I had to keep my code at 3.0.0.208. If I updated to any of the newer versions then my X10 devices would start to fail through the CM-11a. And I do not have batteries in the CM11.

Comment

Thanks for the info. When you say "failed" - was it the issue we are describing below? If so then stepping back might solve our problem.

Comment

Working...
            X