Totally stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally stuck

I had an issue with directories and files slowly disappearing. Icons that used to be there no longer existed. Then more and more warnings. I couldn't even find anything with WinSCP.

So I decided to reinstall the OS (if that's the right terminology). I plugged a kb/mouse and monitor into the Zee and reinstalled. However, I can't find the Zee on the network. The router info shows "recovery" instead of the Hometroller verbiage you usually see and I can't see the system using find.homeseer.com.

I also have a Network Watcher Utility and the Hometroller doesn't show up on there either. I even tried typing "r <enter> in the linux startup screen to try and reset the network settings to no avail.

I can log in to linux by typing homeseer and hsthsths3 but then I have no clue what I could do other than make matters worse.

Help please!

At the command prompt, enter following commands and post results

Code:
    ifconfig
    netstat -r
    more /etc/hosts
    more /etc/hostname
    more /etc/network/interfaces
    more /etc/resolv.conf
    If you are running wireless, (omit your wireless passphrase if present)
    Code:
    sudo more /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

Comment

I fired up the Zee with the monitor plugged in but this time, the rainbow screen came and went about three times. In between I saw a number of messages that looked something like the equivalent of chkdsk for windows. Finally I got to the login prompt.

At that point I went back to find.homeseer.com since it appeared to have really had changed, and the unit came back the spot of a brand new unit. WHEW! Thanks, I did type the first "ifconfig" and I'm not sure how I could have copied everything to a screen to post here so I'm glad I didn't have to.

Everything seemed to proceed fine, so I went to add my first device. Having learned the hard way, I clicked on exclude first. It got excluded, but EVERYTHING else I had got added again. The customized names are gone, so it appears I still have to removed every node and start over. What a mess.

Comment

I would make a backup copy of the SD card. It may be going bad.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Can someone point me to the tree where homeseer and its subfolders are located. I can browse the directory tree from HS3 but can't seem to find anything using WinSCP.

Everything is working fine except I would like to place some icons in a folder and I can't find it.

@sparkman, you might be right about the SD card going bad. But it's weird that HS3 sees everything, I think.

I just want to make sure that if there is something wrong I address it before the warranty runs out.

Comment

I believe it's /usr/local/HomeSeer

Cheers
            Al

Comment

That was easy enough, but where are the image folders?

For example, Homeseer>contemporary
              Attached Files

Comment

/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/HomeSeer

Comment

Thanks! The extra HomeSeer had me stuck

Comment

Working...
                  X