Homeseer ethernet a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer ethernet a mistake?

Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveControllers: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Eventually it comes back or I have to restart the controller manually.

I really cannot use a system like this if it's so flaky to the point the Fibaro HC2 had been far more reliable - the most I got with that system was sensors not always waking up but it never once crashed like this is doing.

I have factory reset the controller 3 times, excluded/included all the devices an equal amount of times but get to the same issue.
    All the motion detectors have been excluded and hard reset too.

Any advice?

At this point, I am willing to waste maybe tomorow resolving it but failing that, the HS ethernet thing will be going back and having just bought a Microserver, I will probably go back to using the z-stick.

I have since typing this got the two Aeotec multi6 sensors added by plugging them in (rather than running USB), adding them and all of the bits that make up the sensor added in fine.
    First one I changed the settings to enable motion etc without issues.
    Second one added fine but going into the root device brings back the below again and slows down everything until the controllers finished throwing a tantrum.

Posting back to plugin web page ZWaveControllers: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by aj84; January 14, 2018, 05:22 PM.

The Homeseer ZNet RPi device is using a GPIO ZWave card. Paired with a POE connection you can put it anywhere for best RF footprint to all of your Z-wave devices. It is the ideal way to utilize Z-Wave in your home and way better then extending a USB port. That said there have been firmware updates to this device to fix or update it to making it work better. Google the Homeseer issues you are having and most likely someone else has had similar issues and you can see what they did to alleviate these issues

...or

Today here using an RPi2 in the attic POE connected using a GPIO ZWave card, PiFace RTC, 1-Wire USB 9097 network, SDR Radio USB stick and a side of Domoticz Home automation (and Apache 2 / PHP) and it runs and runs with no issues. The ZWave GPIO card has a larger antenna on the board than the USB stick.

BTW wireless anything is magical and dependent on RF propagation. A sunspot storm, a microwave, et al can render your wireless stuff useless.

Here for environmental indoors and outdoors sensors utilize a wire. For security / alarm panel connectivity utilize utilize 4 wire combo PIR / Microwave motion sensors. They do make security alarm approved wireless sensors which work fine for years on one battery. I have a few of these from GE-Interlogix. For doors and such utilize security / alarm panel wired magnetic relays in the door frame and you do not see them at all. You could purchase an analogue to digital Homeseer converter box to utilize wired sensors. While I have wires outside also utilize wireless for my Davis Weather station. It basically runs off the integrated solar panel and at night uses one battery which typically lasts around 5 years.

and

the RPi is a nice and reasonably priced learning Linux device. You cannot really break it.

Main HS3 boxes are in the basement encased with about 8 feet of concrete wall such that any radios will not work well.
    Last edited by Pete; January 14, 2018, 06:22 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for your reply
      I really don't want to go down the route of making my own. I was hoping this would be somewhat out of the box solution especially as the software and hardware are the same brand.

I've asked the supplier if I can purchase another ethernet interface from them today and send the current one back either tomorrow/wednesday assuming mine is faulty and the new one works OR if the new one also has the same issue, then I would send both back for a refund.

A slight update:
      I had enough after posting the above thread and installed HS3 on my laptop and paired it up with the Aeotec z-stick.
      This time, I added the motion sensors first. I thought if it is the sensors at fault then I'll know straight away rather than going round the house removing/adding lights etc.

1. I excluded and did a full reset on motion sensor 1 (Fibaro). I then did the same with motion sensor 2 (aeotec multisensor 6)
      2. I added to HS ethernet interface. Same issue - errors or if it did add, it would crash the interface when going into settings etc.
      3. Repeat step 1
      4. Add this time to the aeotec z-stick. Added fine, first time and error-free.
      5. Repeat step 1
      6. Repeat step 2 and sure enough, failed once again.

I then decided to once again reset everything, clean HS3 on the z-stick environment and add the motions in - added first time as expected and then I went round the house added the lights/plugs etc. Everything added fine until near the end where the z-stick started to show a bit of lag...sometimes taking a minute to operate a device.
      My laptop battery was low and so I'm blaming it on that as this morning I shifted the stick to a mains powered PC and everything seemed to work fine.

So bottom-line/conclusion:

1. Either the homeseer is NOT fit for purpose - maybe just with the UK freqency?
      2. OR this specific homeseer is faulty in which case I am quite disapointed that there was no testing done on it before shipping ou
      3. OR the network interface is not compatible with the Fibaro/Aeotec sensors - something I really cannot believe
      4. I'm not doing something properly - again I cannot believe this given this is my 4th system (Fibaro HCL/Fibaro HC2, Aeotec Z-stick, and now HS ethernet interface).
      5. 1 or more of the above or nothing and something else altogether.

Suffice to say, I thought I was getting a divorce after my wife realised she had no automated lights this morning !

Let's see what the shop say - Hopefully I can have another tomorrow morning to try out and if that fails, I'll go back to aeotec z-stick and assign an answer of "Yes it was a mistake" to this thread.

Comment

Here is a thread on the Aeotec Multisensor 6. Not sure if it will help.

Looks like you are doing everything right.

Reviews on Amazon are mostly positive for this device.

Your frustration is understood.

Write to Homeseer Technical Support and see what they say.

Here tried the follow me lighting in the house and it was low on the WAF (even dimmed) such that I went to using glow plate strips all over the place.

The EL glow plates / strips are all over the place in every room of the home.

These are EL lighting strips (Electro Luminescent). Old these days. For outside/garage utilize Optex sensors to create a daylight at night on demand.

Your post has me thinking now of doing some sort of low level under the bed (platform bed - sort of high) using motion sensors.
        Last edited by Pete; January 15, 2018, 08:47 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here is a thread on the Aeotec Multisensor 6. Not sure if it will help.

Looks like you are doing everything right.

Reviews on Amazon are mostly positive for this device.

Your frustration is understood.

Write to Homeseer Technical Support and see what they say.

Comment

I had a lot of problems with HS3 events that turned out to be due to a Aeotec Multisensor 6.

Basically I have my lounge Sky/ AV amp/ projector/ motorised screen all with BLUSBUIRT control, plus z-wave sockets to apply and remove power - all controlled by HS3. Press Sky ON, and it sets it all up. Press Sky pause and lights come on etc. Sky OFF and it shuts down. Worked well for years.

Everything was OK until I added the Aeotec Multisensor 6 in the lounge. I would walk in to the lounge, and press the Sky button, but the HS3 Sky events would then either not work or partially work. I found by trial and error that covering the Aeotec sensor put it back to normal. I can only surmise that motion detection with this device floods HS3 with z-wave commands, preventing other z-wave devices from working properly.

YMMV !
            Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

In this case I'm 50/50

I 100% think the z-net interface was a dud. I purchased a replacement from the same vendor and added the aeotecs in first before even bothering with the rest.
              They added first time and without issue unlike the previous one

BUT

I am starting to agree with you. I am having some serious delays - in some cases up to 10 minutes before something happens after an action (ie: turn light on...wait 10 mins... on).
              It's POSSIBLE that the aeotec's are the cause.

I've got another thread regarding this but I am going to do something similar to you and cover them up or better still, remove the batteries altogether and see how things go.

If this is the case, Homeseer either need to make them compatible or issue a note that they are not. Otherwise people like me who really like the Multi 6 will be out of pocket as I purchased another 2 Multi 6 sensors today !

The frustrating thing is these sensors DO work...just not with Homeseer it seems (if indeed they are the cause of my issues).
              Why do they work with Fibaro without flooding and indeed with aeotec z-stick (silly question!)

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                I had a lot of problems with HS3 events that turned out to be due to a Aeotec Multisensor 6.

Basically I have my lounge Sky/ AV amp/ projector/ motorised screen all with BLUSBUIRT control, plus z-wave sockets to apply and remove power - all controlled by HS3. Press Sky ON, and it sets it all up. Press Sky pause and lights come on etc. Sky OFF and it shuts down. Worked well for years.

Everything was OK until I added the Aeotec Multisensor 6 in the lounge. I would walk in to the lounge, and press the Sky button, but the HS3 Sky events would then either not work or partially work. I found by trial and error that covering the Aeotec sensor put it back to normal. I can only surmise that motion detection with this device floods HS3 with z-wave commands, preventing other z-wave devices from working properly.

YMMV !
                Other users have reported this issue but this user found out why and posted his settings that prevented this hardware from flooding the Z-Wave network.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191724
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp: Interesting ! Maybe I can uncover it at last...

aj84: Mine was USB powered, so maybe it was awake for longer and so even worse !
                  Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Working...
                  X