www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old July 14th, 2017, 12:11 PM
OverSeer

Simple location app for android?

Guys,
Is there a simply location app for the Android platform? All I want to do is set a fence and run a JSON command.
Old July 14th, 2017, 12:17 PM
OverSeer

IFTTT
Tasker

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via HAI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:03 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
IFTTT
Tasker
Thanks. Which applet works best for this scenario in IFTTT?
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Guys,
Is there a simply location app for the Android platform? All I want to do is set a fence and run a JSON command.
I have not found "Simple" anything yet.

I use tasker and autolocation but it's no way simple. Phone sleeps and then doesn't update. Updates to often then drains battery. So my setup involves way to much to stop the location updates if I'm connected to wifi and slow the checks as I get further away from my fences. Ofcourse faster update when I comeback or get closer to the fences.
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:10 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Thanks. Which applet works best for this scenario in IFTTT?
IFTTT is slow.
Tasker works best for location control (at least for me).
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:12 PM
OverSeer

I used EGIGeoZone for two years but it went haywire when I upgraded to a new Galaxy S8. Samsung must have changed something as the app false triggers too much to make it usable so now I'm looking for something better.
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I used EGIGeoZone for two years but it went haywire when I upgraded to a new Galaxy S8. Samsung must have changed something as the app false triggers too much to make it usable so now I'm looking for something better.
I don't think the problem is Samsung. The problem started for me after Android updated and added Doze. It started acting like an iPhone after that.

Even my ping sensor doesn't work right if the phone is sitting on the counter. Plugged in its fine but not plugged in and not being used the wifi won't connect (getting home) and at home it stops responding to pings.

This wasn't a phone update for me but a Andriod update then I started to have more problems.

Geofence the same. It gets lazy and less accurate (probley because it lowers the accuracy automatically despite my settings) when its asleep to save power.

So I too have seen the same issues you face now.
Old July 14th, 2017, 04:15 PM
OverSeer

I thought the developer had addressed these issues with newer Android builds.
Old July 14th, 2017, 04:17 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
IFTTT is slow.
Tasker works best for location control (at least for me).
Yes, I'll have to try Tasker as I can't get IFTTT working any longer on my setup.
Old July 17th, 2017, 01:09 AM
Seer

Did you whitelist the App in the "Battery Optimizations"? (For Samsung thru Smart Manager)

In the new EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 I tried to suppress the false triggers.
Go to the App settings and check "ignore false reports".
Old July 17th, 2017, 07:51 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmontr View Post
Did you whitelist the App in the "Battery Optimizations"? (For Samsung thru Smart Manager)

In the new EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 I tried to suppress the false triggers.
Go to the App settings and check "ignore false reports".
Which "Smart Manager" app are you using? I tried the suppress false reports and that didn't help. Under battery in the Samsung settings the app is shown as a battery using device and there's an option to stop it from using battery so I assume it's white listed but I'm not real sure. The fact that EGIGeoZone and IFTTT both act the same identical way makes me think the phone is doing something odd which started after a major update about 6 months ago.
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Seer

Quote:
Which "Smart Manager" app are you using?
I am using the default "Smart Manager" from Samsung installed on my phone.

Quote:
Under battery in the Samsung settings the app is shown as a battery using device and there's an option to stop it from using battery so I assume it's white listed but I'm not real sure.
EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 now checks if the App ist whitelisted, if not the App should ask you for permission to make this settings for you.

Quote:
The fact that EGIGeoZone and IFTTT both act the same identical way makes me think the phone is doing something odd which started after a major update about 6 months ago.
Yes, a few other users are complaining this too. Thats why in version 1.1.2 of the App I tried to catch the false triggers and suppress them.

Update to 1.1.2, set the check box in the App settings, try it out and let me know, if it helped.
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:50 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I am using the default "Smart Manager" from Samsung installed on my phone.

EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 now checks if the App ist whitelisted, if not the App should ask you for permission to make this settings for you.

Yes, a few other users are complaining this too. Thats why in version 1.1.2 of the App I tried to catch the false triggers and suppress them.

Update to 1.1.2, set the check box in the App settings, try it out and let me know, if it helped.
I was using an app named EgiGeoZone not EgiGeoZoneBT. I'm not sure what the difference is but I do not need to use this with BlueTooth only GPS.
Old July 17th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Seer

OK, but I first implemented it in the Beta EgiGeoZoneBT.
If it works fine, then I will implement it in EgiGeoZone too.

You may test EgiGeoZoneBT from here:https://play.google.com/apps/testing...nce.geozone.bt. You have not to use the BlueTooth features.

You can export your settings from EgiGeoZone and import them to EgiGeoZoneBT.
Old July 17th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
OK, but I first implemented it in the Beta EgiGeoZoneBT.
If it works fine, then I will implement it in EgiGeoZone too.

You may test EgiGeoZoneBT from here:https://play.google.com/apps/testing...nce.geozone.bt. You have not to use the BlueTooth features.

You can export your settings from EgiGeoZone and import them to EgiGeoZoneBT.
I'm interested in this and would also like to test. I joined the beta (says in progress).
Old July 18th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
I'm interested in this and would also like to test. I joined the beta (says in progress).
You have to install it now...
Old July 18th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
You have to install it now...
Lol, yes already testing it.
Old July 20th, 2017, 05:45 PM
OverSeer

I downloaded the EgiGeoZoneBT app and it said I was a beta tester. I set up a profile I named HomeSeer.

I only entered a JSON call in the URL zone entered and URL zone exited. I changed nothing else on this screen as this is the way I had the old app setup.

The url I entered is:
Code:
https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON?request=reunevent&group=GeoLocation&name=ComingHome&user=myuseraccount&pass=myPassword
This url works fine in a web broswer.

When I select the glasses looking icon to test I get this error:
Error(GR02) in get of the server response:java.lang.NullPointerException:Attempt to invoke virtual method'boolean java.lang.String.equals(java.lag.Object)' on a null object reference.

Then when I do get a false positive it goes into an infinite loop running the URL over and over till I have to disable the server profile.
Any suggestions.

Last edited by Rupp; July 20th, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old July 20th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
When I select the glasses looking icon to test I get this error:
Error(GR02) in get of the server response:java.lang.NullPointerException:Attempt to invoke virtual method'boolean java.lang.String.equals(java.lag.Object)' on a null object reference.
I got this same error on the beta when trying to use it for tacking url. If I enter only top url for fences the app works fine.

But I was also unable to get it working for tracking. No matter what url I use for the the lower url box it all fails with the same. ANything but blank returns that error.
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:04 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
I got this same error on the beta when trying to use it for tacking url. If I enter only top url for fences the app works fine.

But I was also unable to get it working for tracking. No matter what url I use for the the lower url box it all fails with the same. ANything but blank returns that error.
Have you tried Tasker for fence type detection? I suspect none of these are going to work as they all work the same way. I've tried this app and IFTTT and both false trigger to the point where they are not usable.