www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > Priority (paid) Support Forum Information

Priority (paid) Support Forum Information Subscribe to this forum to receive priority support from the HomeSeer support staff. You can subscribe from your control panel, select "Subsciptions". A paid subscription is required to gain access. Questions and issues posted to the Open Issues Forum are routed directly to our support staff.

Old May 14th, 2009, 10:34 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Priority User Support Information

Quick sign up: Click on the User CP link at the top of this page to sign up for priority support (you must be logged in to the message board first, create a free account if not)

HomeSeer Priority Support
Questions posted here are addressed as quickly as possible. We are striving to post a response within one hour, during normal business hours. We will do our best to answer questions after hours and on weekends. Response times will vary during these time.

Support Options:
1) The current help desk handles pre-sales questions, order issues, product returns, licensing issues, and free 30 day support (30 day free support starts after you purchase a product from us).
2) The priority support forum is available here, on the HomeSeer message board (the Open Issues Forum here). Access to the forum will be available via monthly, semi-annual and annual subscriptions. You can create a subscription from your User Control Panel on this message board. Subscription rates will be as follows:
a. Monthly - $20
b. Semi-Annual - $50
c. Annual - $75

What is not changed:
1) Regular message board support and access will remain unchanged. If you have a question, please feel free to post your question in one of our other forums.
2) Software updates will continue to be free and are not affected by our support subscription plans.

How subscription support will work:
Subscribers will have unlimited access to priority support forums for the duration of their subscription. Issues will be posted in unique threads and will be addressed individually by HomeSeer staff, much like helpdesk tickets are currently addressed. Threads with resolved issues will be closed and moved to a ‘Resolved’ forum.

Subscription support will be limited to HomeSeer branded products only. Third-party products will continue to be supported by the author or manufacturer as usual.

FAQ:
Q: I just purchased a product from you, do I have to pay to get support?
A: No, we are offering 30 days of free support that starts when you purchase the product. Simply go to our support web page at www.homeseer.com and register for our web based help desk. You can then create a ticket with your question. Be sure and include your order number.

Q: What if I find a bug I want to report, do I have to pay to report that?
A: No. You can report bugs on the message board in the forum that is related to the product you are using. You can also open a helpdesk ticket from our support page at www.homeseer.com. A developer may contact you for more information.

Q: What if I already have an open helpdesk ticket?
A: We will try to get through all open tickets as soon as possible. However, if you need faster assistance, you can re-post your question to this forum.

Q: Why are you making this change? I have always enjoyed the free support that you have given.
A: We have been asked many times if there was priority support available, and there has been only for dealers. This new support channel will offer you a way to decrease response times to your questions.

Q: How do I sign up?
A: You Need click on User CP (User Control Panel) and then at the bottom of the navigation menu on the left is "Paid Subscriptions".

Q: I set up a recurring payment, but I want to cancel this, how?
A: The payment is set up in your PayPal account, and you can cancel it from there. Here are instructions:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Click the My Account tab.
3.Click Profile at the top of the page.
4.Click the Recurring Payments link in the Financial Information column.
5.Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel, and click the View Payment link.
6.Click the Cancel button and follow the online instructions.

How non-subscription support will work:
Non-subscription support will be available through the message board as it has always been. Help may come from HomeSeer staff, other users or some combination of the two.

website | products | support | youtube

Last edited by Rupp; May 22nd, 2009 at 07:07 PM.