X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support of chipkit max32 board

Hello Greig,

I have a chipkit max32 board and would like to connect this board to HS3.
    The latest rev http://www.chipkit.net/started is here.
    I tested this version but its sees not to connect to hs3.

The newer do not support chipkit 32-bit boards.
    Is it possible to use this board?

Regards piever. Netherland

Comment

Originally posted by piever View Post
      Hello Greig,

I have a chipkit max32 board and would like to connect this board to HS3.
      The latest rev http://www.chipkit.net/started is here.
      I tested this version but its sees not to connect to hs3.

The newer do not support chipkit 32-bit boards.
      Is it possible to use this board?

Regards piever. Netherland
      Emailed a reply.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Update help file for pinouts

There are different configurations for the pinouts depending on USB, ethernet Mega or UNO. It's taken me some time find what is needed selecting inputs or outputs in the board setup to get it working depending on my set up analog or digital. It would be good reference to update the help file reflecting these differences. Great plugin always works as advertised, much to learn but satisfaction is guaranteed.

Comment

Error trapping on 1-wire temperature measurments

Hi Greig,

I've used Arduinos in the past to measure temperature on multiple one-wire sensors and I'm aware of the limitations of "bit banging" with a single output (as distinct from using a more sophisticated active pull-up).

As it is, I've got three temperature sensors on a cat 5 cable that's about 15 meters long and I've got it *almost* working perfectly. By that, I mean that I can measure temperatures every 6 minutes and only get about 1 or 2 measurements per day that show up as 9999999.

So, my question is: can these erroneous readings be trapped and handled sensibly somehow? I expect it could all be done in a script, but it seems more appropriate for it to be handled close to the sensor, such as in the plug-in. Perhaps this kind of reading could cause a warning to be written to the log, and the measurement re-tried?

Regards
          Doug

Comment

Hello.

Forse the long distance is necessary change the pull-up resistor. Put the 1 kohm resistor.

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mihaium View Post
              Hello.

Forse the long distance is necessary change the pull-up resistor. Put the 1 kohm resistor.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried many different resistance values, including as low as 1k. I've also tried a small resistor in series with the data pin, which I've found helpful with one wire before.

I think the proper hardware solution is to use a "real" one-wire bus master with an active pull-up, but this is so close to working I think a simple software trap would do the trick.

regards
              Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DMcKnight View Post
                Thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried many different resistance values, including as low as 1k. I've also tried a small resistor in series with the data pin, which I've found helpful with one wire before.

I think the proper hardware solution is to use a "real" one-wire bus master with an active pull-up, but this is so close to working I think a simple software trap would do the trick.

regards
                Doug
                Give Greig some time. I'll bet he can figure out how to trap OneWire errors within the code.

FWIW I have 4 DS18B20 sensors on a Cat 5 cable of about the same length, with a 2.2K pull-up and haven't seen an error. This is on a test board. For my production temperature sensors I use EDS OWServers because they are so darn reliable.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Doug what version are you running as there is code to trap bus errors in the beta. If you are running it then capture and send me a debug log so I can see what is going on.

Greig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                    Doug what version are you running as there is code to trap bus errors in the beta. If you are running it then capture and send me a debug log so I can see what is going on.

Greig.

I'm using 1.0.0.85. If the 1.0.0.95 Beta is compatible with the 1.0.0.85 Arduino sketches I'll install it right now, otherwise I'll have to wait until I'm next home.

Doug

Comment

I'm using 1.0.0.85. If the 1.0.0.95 Beta is compatible with the 1.0.0.85 Arduino sketches I'll install it right now, otherwise I'll have to wait until I'm next home.

Doug
                      It *should* be just fine. The 1.0.0.95 version uses V1.0.0.84 sketches.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Greig.

Debug log sent by email.
                        Regards
                        Doug

Comment

Debug log sent by email.
                          Regards
                          Doug
                          Doug,

I will need to check the code when I get home but looking at the log I think my plugin is reporting an error for your devices. If you look at the rom device that has the temp in it is the status value for error not "9999999" and what you are seeing is Jon00's plugin logging this value. I will confirm this when I have more time and also see if there is a way to stop this.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Hello Greig.
                            Today is happened the same error in the my system. Is 1 error to 3-4 hours. I have 1 DS18B20 (TO92 capsule ) with 8m CAT5 cable and 1 kohm resistor.

Comment

Doug,

I can confirm that the "9999999" is the error value of my plugin so this is being handled by my plugin is showing on the device as an error. The problem is that you are graphing the value so it records the "9999999".

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Doug,

I can confirm that the "9999999" is the error value of my plugin so this is being handled by my plugin is showing on the device as an error. The problem is that you are graphing the value so it records the "9999999".

Greig.

Hi Greig,
                                I'm a little confused by your reply. I think that's what I expected. The plug-in is detecting an error and so reports an unambiguously error-style of value. I think that behaviour makes sense.

What I'm wondering is if the plug-in could be enhanced to try again, if it detects an error condition like this.

For example, if it could be configured to "retry 3 times" on error, for example, then I think my system would work just fine. The errors are quite rare and are proving quite stubbornly difficult to track down and eliminate in hardware.

regards
                                Doug

Comment

Working...
                                X