Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Never Want To See The Mobile View Again

Can this be made to happen?

Not only am I not a fan of the whole flat UI movement that is, in my opinion, spreading like a plague, it is inconvenient. Everything looks the same so I have a difficult time differentiating between different elements on the pages. Also, and here's the serious nail in the coffin, when selecting to go to the first unread post you simply get taken to the first post in the last page you viewed. Horrible. When that happens about 50% of the time I simply close the tab instead of trying to find where I left off. The homogeneous appearance makes finding the first unread post a nightmare. Especially in a long and quickly evolving thread like the recent HS beta thread. I always select show desktop view in my mobile browser (Chrome) but about 2/3 of the time when opening a link it takes me back to the mobile site.

Am I the only one who's going nuts over this? I remember when it was first implemented many people in the announcement thread were happy as clams about it. Maybe most people don't use their mobile device for forum browsing as much as I do?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Click on User CP -> Edit Options
      Scroll all the way down to the bottom and change the skin.
      No guarantees this will 'stick' but it's worth a shot.

+1 for Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Can this be made to happen?

Not only am I not a fan of the whole flat UI movement that is, in my opinion, spreading like a plague, it is inconvenient. Everything looks the same so I have a difficult time differentiating between different elements on the pages. Also, and here's the serious nail in the coffin, when selecting to go to the first unread post you simply get taken to the first post in the last page you viewed. Horrible. When that happens about 50% of the time I simply close the tab instead of trying to find where I left off. The homogeneous appearance makes finding the first unread post a nightmare. Especially in a long and quickly evolving thread like the recent HS beta thread. I always select show desktop view in my mobile browser (Chrome) but about 2/3 of the time when opening a link it takes me back to the mobile site.

Am I the only one who's going nuts over this? I remember when it was first implemented many people in the announcement thread were happy as clams about it. Maybe most people don't use their mobile device for forum browsing as much as I do?
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

+1 for Tapatalk
          There is no UserCP on the mobile view that I have found. There is the ability to go to the User Control Panel, but it only shows thread subscriptions.

I have the default style selected, but I only get mobile on the phone.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

+1 for Tapatalk

I tried that earlier. From my desktop I switched it from Use Forum Default to Default Style and it made no difference. The other ones look like they're for mobile devices. The next time I logged in to the forum from my phone I got the real view. Then I followed a link and it took me immediately back to the mobile view. Sucks.

Tapatalk sounds like a nightmare. There's an app for everything and at least half of their services can be found through a browser with less of a crappy flat UI, though society seems to be taking the flat UI down with it at an ever greater pace...... I don't need a minimalist interface lumping all of the dozens of forums I visit on my phone into one bland and utterly confusing utility. I tried it some years ago to see what all the rage was. It turns out I already have an app on my phone that does all Tapatalk does and more....... It's called Chrome............

Comment

I just found another feature of the mobile site. When you hit the button at the bottom of the screen that says go to humane view or whatever all it does is refresh the page with the mobile site. I tried it close to a dozen times on different pages and this was after I tried altering the skin in the user cp.

Comment

I use Tapatalk on my iPhone most of the time. It's mostly good, but occasionally I request 'web view '. I do wish they'd stop tinkering with the structure of the app though. Seems almost every release they've moved something around again.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                X