mcsMovement Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing a field

I used to be able to enter the name of a script in my Movement "manage devices" section. I can enter the procedure and parameter but where do I enter the name of the script?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

It is hidden behind the checkbox control. I fixed it in V1.12.1.

Comment

The sticky doesn't have a file to download. Sorry if you just haven't gotten to it. It looks like the prior version was removed but no new version is there.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I thought I had put it there. It is there now.

Comment

I have created an area device using only PIRs that have a device value of 1 when faulted and 0 when clear. I have them designated as Value=1 devices, but the area device is never listed as Occupied. I just downloaded and installed the latest version, but there is no change in behavior. Is there something else I need to do? (BTW, PIRs with ON/OFF response have been and continue to work without problem.)
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I looked at the code and do not see why there would be a difference between the two PIR types. There is a debug option available. If you enable it and then let the Value PIR change states I can look at the trace to see what may be happening.

Comment

Michael,
                Thank you for your response. I've attached an excerpt of the log file with debugging enabled. The two device codes of interest are "^12" and "^13". Interestingly, they are showing up in the debug entries as undergoing status changes, but when I looked at their status and values earlier they were 2/17 and 0/1, respectively. Also, device triggers for these devices are value change, not status change.

In any case I plan to test the area device as if the PIRs issue status change to see how that works.
                Attached Files
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Very strange. The area device appears to work if I define the motion sensors as On/Off devices. I'm still puzzled, but at least the debug trace did its job. I guess I should have tried that myself, but I "knew" they were changing value rather than status. Now I just have to understand what is really going on with the PIR devices in HS.

Added: I'm even more confused as I explore further. Can you explain how this works? Do you need more debug data?
                  Last edited by Uncle Michael; September 21, 2008, 10:59 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Event callbacks have changed between HS1 and HS2. HS1 does not have value change callbacks so mcsMovement used the info in the status change callback to manage the devices. Your data shows that the status change parameters are not consistent when the value is changing. I added the value change callback for HS2. It is V1.13.0. Let me know how it goes. I really cannot explain how it works now. I did empirical evaluation back in the HS1 days and built the plugin around what I saw. I really do not remember all the variations, but there are several branches in the code to handle various situations.

Comment

Thank you for the quick turn around. I'll install and test it as soon as I can, but may not be until tomorrow. (BTW, both 46 and 47 appear to be designated as 1.13.0)

Comment

Michael,
                        I loaded the latest version about a half hour ago. It now appears to be handling the value-based PIRs as I expect. If anything shows up after more time I will let you know. Thank you again for your rapid response.

The only anomaly that I noticed were some error messages during the HS restart associated with a few devices that I am currently not monitoring with Movement. For example,

9/21/2008 8:51:52 PM JDS StarGate Variable `19 (JDS HBeat) set to 14
                        9/21/2008 8:51:53 PM mcsMovement StatusChange on line 70 Overflow

Comment

With the new value callback it is possible to have 32 bit values and previously only it was 16 bit. I enlarged the field to handle it and posted the update.

Comment

1.13.1 problem?

Michael,
                            I installed 1.13.1 this morning. Now some of my area devices appear to be ignoring the 'off time' field. That is, I have them set for 5 or 10 min before going off, but they are all going off much sooner than that. Is there another setting that is conflicting? I didn't change any settings when I installed this version. I've included the log with debug on for reference.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Uncle Michael; September 23, 2008, 04:09 PM. Reason: changed 'all' to 'some of'

Comment

It looks to me that you have V2, V5, V6 and V9 were active during this period and their status througout the debug file was ON. V8 was OFF throughout the period. I cannot see anything unexpected here and especially any premature ON to OFF transitions.

Comment

Michael,
                                Perhaps I'm confused. (No, I'm definitely confused.)

In any case, please take a look at 4:31:31 PM as an example. Device V5 changes to ON, then one second later it changes to OFF. Then it changes to ON again and 10 seconds later it changes to OFF. Am I misinterpreting the log?

Comment

Working...
                                X