Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
    I'm running Caseta plugin 3.0.0.81 along with This Hue plugin and everything works fine. I was on Caseta 3.0.0.86 for a while and had to go back to 3.0.0.81. My guess is it isn't the JowiHue plugin. Check with Don on the Caseta forum
    I *assumed* it was a JowiHue plugin issue because of the fact that I had to rename the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file just to get it working, or am I wrong about this?

Just curious what is that Newtonsoft.Json.dll file for anyways?

Comment

It's a general .NET library for making JSON requests to devices. Obviously in this case to the hue bridge (jowihue) and lutron device (caseta). It could be these plugins both use different versions of the Newtonsoft.Json library..

Comment

HS14,

The issue is that the newtonsoft.Json.DLL does not belong in the HS3 installation folder, but in the [installation folder]\bin\[plugin name] drectory. For some reason in your case it was not installed correctly.

I did install the lutron plugin .91 here too today, but for me it was installed correctly. But I also noticed in the forum for the lutron a plugin version was rolled back for some reason.

Maybe you can do the following steps:

1. Disable the Lutron plugin
        2. stop HS3 and remove the newtonsoft.json.dll from the installation directory
        3. Start HS3
        4. Go to the manage plugins page and choose to install the Lutron plugin (this will reinstall the plugin)
        5. check if the newtonsoft.json.dll is installed in [installation folder]\bin\LutronCaseta and no longer in the instalation directory
        6. Start the plugin again
        7. Restart HS3 and convince yourself that both plugin are now running

Hope this helps?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you so much for the help.

I *think* I figured what I was doing wrong, I was starting HS3 using Task Scheduler, I have since switched to using NSSM to start HS3 at startup.

Comment

HS14,

Crossing fingers, hope this solves your issues

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
            X