Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger only once vs multiple triggering

I could use some guidance here.

I created an event when the water level sensor is activated after 10 seconds. It triggers to "Push" an Alert and Speak thru Sonos.

When the Level Sensor is activated "Wet" and the timer is greater than 10 seconds the event triggers. However unlike several of my other events this one re-triggers multiple times or every second until the sensor state is "DRY" .....

I only need it to trigger once.... What am doing wrong here? I have several other events that only speak one time when the event is "True"

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 trigger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1211332

Devoir

Several ways to to do what you want...

Set a virtual device as a flag, you turn it on when the event becomes true, and use it as a condition so the event doesn't trigger again until its off... A separate event turns it off

Or add a condition of reoccurring trigger for a given time, say every hour and only get alerts once an hour

... Other ways too but these are the easiest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
      I could use some guidance here.

I created an event when the water level sensor is activated after 10 seconds. It triggers to "Push" an Alert and Speak thru Sonos.

When the Level Sensor is activated "Wet" and the timer is greater than 10 seconds the event triggers. However unlike several of my other events this one re-triggers multiple times or every second until the sensor state is "DRY" .....

I only need it to trigger once.... What am doing wrong here? I have several other events that only speak one time when the event is "True"

[ATTACH]62867[/ATTACH]

Devoir
      Your trigger will trigger once a second once it exceeds 10 seconds until the timer is reset. Three easy solutions can be employed depending on what that timer represents.
      1. Reset the timer when the event runs
      2. Use "A Timer's value becomes" instead of "A Timer's value is more than"
      3. Set the "Cannot Re-Run for" setting in the event options
      I would need to know what controls the timer and how frequently you want to be notified to suggest the best approach. If I knew what Events control the timer and/or what the timer represents, I might be able to help you decide the best approach.

Since you stated you only want it once, #2 would likely be the best.
      Last edited by randy; August 26, 2017, 03:17 PM.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Forgot about the Cannot Rerun setting... That's the best imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

NOOB

Please forgive my ignorance...... I've stumbled around looking for Event Advanced Options.

"Set the "Cannot Re-Run for" setting in the event advanced options"

I really like this approach.... However I can't seem to find the "Cannot Re-Run for" setting in the event advanced options.. I could use a picture or guidance on where this is located....

Devoir

Comment

Here you go:

Name:	capture.png
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1192051

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1192052

I edited the original post, since they are simply called "Options" not "Advanced Options".
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Options

rprade,

Many thanks for the guidance and picture....

I will test this method.... I certainly appreciate your time and assistance...

Devoir

Comment

Working...
              X