ISY Insteon Gold 1.0.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank,

I was trying to reproduce this, but haven't been able to yet.

One thing you can try is to go into the isy_settings.ini file in the homeseer config directory and look for those devices. The lines will be <address>_enabled=False Change the "False" to "True" but do this when the plug-in is not running. When it starts, they should be checked and working.

If for some reason the plug-in can't modify the .ini file, that might explain the behavior.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob,

I edited the ini file and was able to enable the devices but some of the devices that I wanted disabled were enabled as well. There is something strange here.

I have 2 remotes with parsed names for the buttons as 1, 2, 3 ... 6. They are named in ISY as Remote 1_1, Remote 1_2 ... Remote 2_1, Remote 2_2 .... The location delimiter is "_". I noticed that in the ini file that there are 4 devices (not the remotes) assigned addresses as 1, 3, 4 & 6. Theses are actually assigned to ISY Program folders. There are other programs or program folders which have also been set to 1 or 2 digit address but none of those addresses are in the range of 1 - 6, so they don't conflict with the parsed names of my remote buttons or other devices. Seems that if a device address is the same as the parsed name of some other device, there is a problem. I think the plug in or ISY is treating them as the same device.

Here is an example of 3 lines in my ini file. They are not actually adjacent to each other.

A 7 C5 6_enabled=True -- This is a remote button #6 named "6" (Remote 1_6)
      13 EC 5C 6_enabled=True -- This is a remote button #6 named "6" (Remote 2_6)
      6_enabled=False -- This is a ISY Program Folder

What ever "6_enabled" state is set to (True or False), my 2 remote buttons named "6" will be set to the same state as "6_enabled". It does not matter what order the entries are in the ini file.

13 EC 5C 6_enabled=True
      A 7 C5 6_enabled=True
      6_enabled=False

OR

6_enabled=False
      13 EC 5C 6_enabled=True
      A 7 C5 6_enabled=True

Both of the above examples results in all three devices being disabled.

13 EC 5C 6_enabled=False
      A 7 C5 6_enabled=False
      6_enabled=True

OR

6_enabled=True
      13 EC 5C 6_enabled=False
      A 7 C5 6_enabled=False

Both of the above examples results in all three devices being enabled.

Here are the corresponding entries that show up in the plug in filter page;

Remotes: Remote: 1 :6 A 7 C5: 6: ISY Controller
      Remotes: Remote: 2 :13 EC 5C 6: 6: ISY Controller
      isyPrgGrp_My Programs: isyPrgGrp: Inside Light Scenes: 6: ISY Program

I hope this information helps in tracking down the issue.

ALSO: It would be very helpful if the Device Type for a ISY Program Folder was "Prg Folder" or "Program Folder" vs. the current type name "ISY Program". This would make it easy to distinguish which devices are programs vs program folders.

Thanks again for helping,

Frank
      Last edited by FrankR; February 4, 2011, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Frank,

Thanks for all the detail. I'm pretty sure that's enough info for me to track down the problem. I believe (without looking at anything yet) that it is a lookup function that will accept either a name or an ID. I never expected there to be a conflict between name and ID, but in a majority of the cases I use the function to lookup by ID. I should be able to separate out or maybe even eliminate the lookup by name part.

For the program folder vs program, I'm pretty sure that the ISY provides enough info to make that distinction so that should be a pretty easy change. I'll add it to the enhancement list.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,
          I'm running 1.0.2.18 with ISY 2.8.13 my thermostat reading and control are not displaying accurate information for some reason.
          I just have forced air heating and no cooling yet when when the system is on it's status always shows as off and the current temp in the plugin does not match the temp displayed on the t-stat. It's always off by several degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Cougar View Post
            Hi Bob,
            I'm running 1.0.2.18 with ISY 2.8.13 my thermostat reading and control are not displaying accurate information for some reason.
            I just have forced air heating and no cooling yet when when the system is on it's status always shows as off and the current temp in the plugin does not match the temp displayed on the t-stat. It's always off by several degrees.
            Can you verify that the ISY admin console has the right values for the thermostat? the plug-in is reporting what the ISY sends and if the ISY is having problems communicating with the thermostat, it can sometimes get corrupted values.

If you're seeing different values from with the ISY admin console is showing then something is wrong in the plug-in. If this is the case, then let me know where you're seeing the wrong values (HS status screen and/or the plug-in status page). Then, bump up the logging in the plug-in to verbose and do a query of the thermostat from the ISY admin console. The log should show all the data that the ISY sends over.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
            X