This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to suggest another sticky

Or maybe an addition to the existing sticky. I downloaded the trial of WeatherPLUG today. The first thing I did was look in the doc and docs folders. Nothing there. Then I went to Setup|Interfaces and enabled WeatherPLUG. WeatherPLUG enabled but I could see no way to configure it (config button did not appear until I restarted HS, although I did restart after the download from the Updater). Before restarting I thought the issue might be that I was not seeing a config button on the menu since I use DooMenubar. I tried looking for a config page in that. No luck.

Rebooted, and as I noted above I could now get to a config button. The setup is pretty straight-forward, but I could not get the devices for the first station to show up in status, only stations 2 and 3. I could not select any stations at all. Ultimately I found the posts about the missing (in my case) .ocx file and now all is fine.

All of the extra putzing around I did could have been avoided if the key points from the various posts had been in a couple of paragraphs in a sticky on the main page. Might help the next user.

Mark,

I am sorry about the trouble. I heard from Dale 3 days ago that WeatherPLUG was fixed so that it would install the ocx files. Dale said he needed to do something to a computer before uploading it to his site. Once uploaded to his site, it would become available in the HomeSeer updater. As usual no word from Dale about time frame, I thought it would be there by now.

I just sent him an email telling him to get it uploaded ASAP.

Again sorry about the problems you had.

The new/fixed version should be in the updater soon.

Thank you for supporting WeatherPLUG.

Rick

Comment

WeatherPLUG 1.3.14 has been released to fix these bugs. WeatherPLUG should now work after no restarts of either the computer nor HomeSeer.

I apologize for any inconvenience these bugs may have caused.

Comment

Thanks. An no apologies needed as it was 20 something below with the wind chill so I was sitting inside anyway. I still think a sticky is a good idea. No matter how straight forward something seems there are always people with questions. I think I saw one post that stated (and this might be old info) not to use the "About" button. I see another asking for documentation. Anyway, just my two cents.

Comment

The About button has been removed as of 1.3.14. But yes, I do agree that documentation is important for everything.

Comment

Working...
          X