This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Features;

1) I second the need for I-frame style template for NAV buttons. Editing 10 screens of buttons to add one screen is no fun.

2) HS object that tracks HST client status and state E.g.:

ClientName.Property

Kitchen.Connected
    Kitchen.CurrentScreen
    Kitchen.LastAction
    Kitchen.LastActionDateTime ........

Comment

I second the feature requests that bartdesign made. I am about to start customizing an A/V screen for the iPad.

Jim

Comment

IFRAME alternative solution

One of the enhancements requests was to add Iframe to prevent every screen to contain common buttons. I managed to do that with the current HSTouch in this way:

-Created a main screen of 1024*768 pixels (the size of my touchscreen)
        -Placed the subscreen select buttons all in the top 84 pixels of the main screen
        -Placed the common action buttons in the bottom 84 pixels of the main screen

Clear? In this case I have claimed a total of 168 pixels of the total height for common functions, displaying status, subscreen functions etc.

Finally, define al subscreens to be 1024*600 in size and have them displayed between the top and bottom reserved space.

Need any more examples, feel free to ask, I can send you some screendumps or any other info you want.

Comment

Rwitkamp,

Perhaps you could post some screen images as attachments and perhaps share your XML project file. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rwitkamp View Post
            One of the enhancements requests was to add Iframe to prevent every screen to contain common buttons. I managed to do that with the current HSTouch in this way:

-Created a main screen of 1024*768 pixels (the size of my touchscreen)
            -Placed the subscreen select buttons all in the top 84 pixels of the main screen
            -Placed the common action buttons in the bottom 84 pixels of the main screen

Clear? In this case I have claimed a total of 168 pixels of the total height for common functions, displaying status, subscreen functions etc.

Finally, define al subscreens to be 1024*600 in size and have them displayed between the top and bottom reserved space.

Need any more examples, feel free to ask, I can send you some screendumps or any other info you want.
            I believe this works to an extent. If you're using window mode and not full screen (meaning you have title bars) this doesn't work right. I've also noticed some issues when attempting this sort of overlay if you have background elements you want to show through since screens do not allow their backgrounds to be transparent. So if your main 1024x768 has some nice graphics on it, and maybe even a button or two that you want everywhere, then you have the top and bottom 84px tall screens, those screens have to have a background that matches the 1024x768 screen or buttons have to fill that area and not allow for the design to show through.
            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

feature requests

Designer (both high priority for me):

1. Clicking on the screen title (where the minimize/maximize/x - close is) should unselect all elements. I still have problems with selected elements sticking when I dont want them to, or when copying/pasting especially if I have little empty space on the screen to click to unselect. This would be a simple fix.

2. Adding a graphic should have the same options as adding a button. This way you can add text layer or actions to a graphic if you add it originally as a button.

3. Ability to justify a selected group of elements to the page... IE Left/Center/Right Horizontal or Vertical. Example - 3 buttons selected. I want to take and center the entire group to the screen width so there is equal spacing to the left and right of the buttons, not just each button individually.

Client (Iphone) (low priority)

1. Allow option to restart the client automatically when I deploy a new set of screens/graphics (similar to what is done with the standard client).

2. More of an issue than request, but I still have issues with connecting. It will fail the first time, then connect the second time.

Client (Android OS) (high priority)

1. Create one... ;-) I am carrying around 2 devices, my droid and my ipod touch solely for this reason.

Thanks,
              Toby
              Last edited by kuntakintay; May 23, 2010, 01:55 PM. Reason: added a third request for designer
              HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

The ability to copy an action between elements, as an example I now want to add a wav file on each button press...I know have to go through every button and click add, then select play a wav sound file, then find the file and then click OK. Could an option just not be to copy the selected action and then in the next device have a button to paste it into that element?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  The ability to copy an action between elements, as an example I now want to add a wav file on each button press...I know have to go through every button and click add, then select play a wav sound file, then find the file and then click OK. Could an option just not be to copy the selected action and then in the next device have a button to paste it into that element?
                  I've been getting responded today in the paid support area, and asked them about this. I would really like to see this feature soon.
                  Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                    I've been getting responded today in the paid support area, and asked them about this. I would really like to see this feature soon.
                    Thanks! I just noticed you had already asked it in your post, guess I was just fed up after doing it for 40 odd buttons I should've read the thread!

Comment

well, I re-requested it today since they were actually responding to me quickly. Hopefully I'll get some sort of answer. I gave them three suggestions as to how and were to implement the feature.
                      Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

• Ability to scale screens

I spent quite a few hour working on the iTouch interface. These are what I use around the house. I also want to use this interface on my WM6.5 Touch Pro 2. The physical form factor of the screen on this two is a little different, but there is a huge difference in the resolution 240x320 vs 480x800. I would like the ability for HSTouch to scale/stretch the whole screen to max resolution.

• Portrait/Landscape for windows mobile client

I was disappointed when I copied by iTouch UI over for use on my phone. Not only doesn't it have the nice support for rotation (see next item), but I can't even design a form for landscape. My only choice at this point is to design in portrait and rotate all of the graphics with an image editor. This is painful.

• Rotation detection for windows mobile client

This support is very nice in the iTouch. It would be great if this was allowed for any clients.

• Selector support for windows mobile client

As stated earlier, I started with iTouch. The selectors show up on my phone, but I have no way to scroll them.

[Edit] I figured out on the CE client that I have to put up/down or a slider widget. It would be nice it I could do the flick scrolling like I can on iTouch and other apps on my HTC Touch Pro 2.

• Virtual screen larger than physical screen

One of the reasons that I need landscape (see above) is that I display a floor plan. It shows up fairly small on the the screen, but I have found that I can still click/touch on the small items. It would be nice if I could display a larger virtual screen and flick to pan around on it.

• Touch gestures

I would like to be able to define some actions based gestures. For example go to next/prev screen, display next/prev camera, pan around are a larger screen (see above)

• WYSIWYG.

I am struggling with screen showing up different on the real device (phone) that it shows in the designer. I think it is mainly fonts. I thought I saw this discussed before, but can't seem to find that any longer.

[Edit] I have now seen and played around with the font scaling. It seems to be working better now, but was a pain to figure out what to set this to.

• Win CE Loading

On WinCE it displays a bunch of screen names with what I think is an ID number next to them. This seems like debug info that I don't want the end user to see. A progress bar or "load x of y" would be sufficient. It also seem to take quite a while to load the screens. I am loading over 3G, but I thought the configuration was loaded from local files -- Maybe I'm wrong. I think it takes about 30-40 seconds (didn't time it) before I see the main screen.

• Win CE Local/Remote Option

I would like to see the options for remote/local on the Windows CE client like it is on Itouch.
                        Last edited by tpchristian; July 5, 2010, 04:40 PM.
                        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                        Web Site
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

Dont know if this belongs into bugs or features..

But when i click on "screens" and select one of my pages, i first have to click on the page itself again in order to have the screen properties on the right to be active for that screen.

I think this should already be active, after all i am selecting it

Comment

My short list:

faster loading time for iOS client, the ability to have the apple device to sleep with out losing its wifi connection.

make sure it supported "multitasking" in iOS4

the ability to copy screens from one project to another

The ability to toggle buttons... ie toggling play/pause as an action exists but not to toggle the actual buttons.

this would be great for shuttle/repeat setups

also the music API could be more robust

Comment

Support for GUIFX V2 Transports font. That way I don't have to embed the Play, Pause, Rewind, etc transports into buttons.

Comment

When you select 30 items and move them to another location (which is pretty slow, but doable) once you placed them in the new spot, but are not satisfied and press ctrl-z (or undo via the menu) it only undo's 1 object, not all 30 of them.

(again one of those "should it be a bug or a enhancement")

Another one:

If you want to place a image, you can select imageformat. It is now showing "Normal" or "Stretched". It would be nice if you have something called "Retain Aspect Stretch" where it would keep the correct dimensions of the pictures for you. Now if you enlarge a normal picture it will just give you more white border.
                                Last edited by Snelvuur; July 12, 2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X