X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't download 3.1.4.0

Hello,

I had installed and working version 3.1.2.0 of the plugin, but it not possible to install 3.1.4.0.
    I get the message "Install/update of package Squeezebox failed" and when I check in the Updates folder a .zipped file "hspi_squeezebox_3.1.4.0.zip" of 2KB is downloaded.

Any ideas of what is going wrong?

Regards,

Comment

Sorry for that. The zip file in the updater are bad, not the ones I submitted. I sent an email to HomeSeer asking them to correct it.

Comment

OK, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by yg1 View Post
          Hello,

I had installed and working version 3.1.2.0 of the plugin, but it not possible to install 3.1.4.0.
          I get the message "Install/update of package Squeezebox failed" and when I check in the Updates folder a .zipped file "hspi_squeezebox_3.1.4.0.zip" of 2KB is downloaded.

Any ideas of what is going wrong?

Regards,
          Problem should be resolved. The version 3.1.4.0 will actually be in the Beta section (was original intent) and the currently released version is in its usual place.

Comment

Hi Philippe, I just installed 3.1.4.1 and see the new style icons in the Device Management page. However, it looks like a few icon files are missing:

Code:
            Nov-11 4:35:58 PM	 	Warning	File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\SqueezeBox\Volume.gif
            Nov-11 4:35:44 PM	 	Warning	File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\SqueezeBox\status\stop.png
            Thoughts?

Thanks
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

try refreshing the page and/or flush cashes. Do you get these messages from the device management page? What is your setting of the status icon set in the custom tab of the HS3 settings page (the plugin uses it at startup to configure which icons to use)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                try refreshing the page and/or flush cashes. Do you get these messages from the device management page? What is your setting of the status icon set in the custom tab of the HS3 settings page (the plugin uses it at startup to configure which icons to use)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Hi Philippe, yes, I get those errors in the log when looking at the SB devices in the device management page. Clearing the cache, etc. does not resolve it. I have it set to the Contemporary icon set. Looking at the directories referenced in those error messages, those files are not there. They are also not in the zip file downloaded by the updater.

Thanks
                Al

Comment

All active icons should be in folder "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\SqueezeBox\status\" and this folder is setup when the plugin starts using the status icon set from HS3. This setup includes copying images from the contemporary or classic folders (at same level as status) and creating symlinks to icons in the HS3 image directory (as I did not want to copy them from the HS3 setup but wanted to use them). The setup process is done by a batch file in the contemporary folder. This is just for the background.

For example C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\SqueezeBox\status\stop.png should exist and should be a symlink ; can you check if it exists?

If not, stop the squeezebox plugin, edit the ini file hspi_squeezebox.ini, delete the line "gIconSet=..." and restart the plugin. This will rebuild the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\SqueezeBox\status\ directory. Check the log file for errors.

As far as C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\SqueezeBox\Volume.gif, do you know which device refers to it? At startup when the above mentioned setup happens, the device status/graphics should be automatically upgraded to point ot the new images. Maybe the upgrade did not fully complete; let's see what the error log says.

It was a bit tricky to come up with an approach to support different iconsets in the plugin, refer to some images part the HS3 set (i.e. did not want to duplicate them) and perform the automatic migration/updates... which led to put this version into the Beta section for now!

Comment

I'll see if I can find what refers to volume.gif. I did stop the plugin, remove that entry in the ini and restart the plugin with no errors in the log. Still don't see those files and get the same messages in the log as before. Can you double check the zip file? In the zip file I see 35 files in the Classic folder, but only 29 in the Contemporary folder.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      I'll see if I can find what refers to volume.gif. I did stop the plugin, remove that entry in the ini and restart the plugin with no errors in the log. Still don't see those files and get the same messages in the log as before. Can you double check the zip file? In the zip file I see 35 files in the Classic folder, but only 29 in the Contemporary folder.

Cheers
                      Al
                      I do not expect the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\SqueezeBox\Volume.gif to exist as it should be in the status subfolder as C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\SqueezeBox\Volume.png and the device should refer to it.

I also do not expect the number of icons in the contemporary and classic to be the same. I will double check that there is a classic definition for each. The icons that the plugin will use come from the installation zip file and from the existing ones C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\status. For the existing ones in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\status, at startup time and icon set change, the plugin creates the content of C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\SqueezeBox\status, copiyng some from C:\Program Files \HomeSeer HS3\html\images\SqueezeBox\[classic or contemporary] folder and for others creating symbolic links in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\SqueezeBox\status to icons in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\status. This is the case for next.png, pause.png, etc. See the attached screenshot.

Do you have a folder [HS3 instalation folder]\html\images\SqueezeBox\status?
                      Are you using the Contemporary icons (in HS3 setup page)?
                      Do you see the same symlinks as in the screenshot?
                      Is HS3 installed on the same server as the plugin?
                      Which Windows version are you using?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Philippe,

See below for the responses to your questions. I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled, but still have the same issue.

Thanks
                        Al

Do you have a folder [HS3 instalation folder]\html\images\SqueezeBox\status? Yes
                        Are you using the Contemporary icons (in HS3 setup page)?Yes
                        Do you see the same symlinks as in the screenshot? No
                        Is HS3 installed on the same server as the plugin?Yes
                        Which Windows version are you using?XP

Comment

Just to confirm, I have all of the correct icons.
                          Running 3.1.4.0, Windows 7 64 bit Would be happy to zip them.
                          Attached Files
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks David, looks like the issue is the symbolic links not getting created. Might be an XP issue. Based on Philippe's last post I now know what the issue is so as a workaround, I can copy those icons from the /html/images/HomeSeer/status folder to the squeezebox/status folder, but for now I'll work with Philippe to understand why it's not working on my system.

Cheers
                            Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Philippe, looks like the mklink command is not supported on XP. Looks like I need to copy those files over.

Thanks
                              Al

PS Re. volume.gif, I had created a virtual device to track the volume for one of my SB players and it was pointed to volume.gif, so that issue is now resolved.
                              Last edited by sparkman; November 14, 2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                                Hi Philippe, looks like the mklink command is not supported on XP. Looks like I need to copy those files over.

Thanks
                                Al

PS Re. volume.gif, I had created a virtual device to track the volume for one of my SB players and it was pointed to volume.gif, so that issue is now resolved.
                                Ah yes good old XP... there s ia different command to create symbolic links. I can expand the script in a future version to try the command (junction) and/or copy (prefer not to fore multiple reasons) the icons as a last resort. So for now you are set, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X