Return to home page doesn't always work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to home page doesn't always work

I have 8 tablets throughout my house running IH. One of my favorite features is that when there is motion detected by my front door camera, each tablet jumps to that video stream so you can see who is at the front door.

within the same event, after 90 seconds it is supposed to jump back to the home page. Seems about half the time, one of the tablets doesn't make the jump, and stays on the video stream.

Not earthshattering... when i happen to notice, i can just hit the home button and all is well... but love any thoughts on how to make this work better.

Here's what I do for example...

I have all my IH tablets switch back to the "Home Page" after 10 minutes. I'm using Fire HD-8 6th Gen tablets and they has been solid as a rock. During daylight hours, I added a twist where I switch back to one of two pages, either the Home Page or a page showing whole house power consumption and solar generation to keep conservation on everyone's mind.

Make sure your tablets are not going to sleep or suspending for some reason.
    If by chance you're using Fire tablets, go to -->> Settings -->> Device Options -->>click on "Serial Number" 7 times to get into Developer Mode -->> turn on "Stay awake" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by PCK View Post
      Here's what I do for example...

Make sure your tablets are not going to sleep or suspending for some reason.
      If by chance you're using Fire tablets, go to -->> Settings -->> Device Options -->>click on "Serial Number" 7 times to get into Developer Mode -->> turn on "Stay awake" mode.
      super helpful trick

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        super helpful trick

It took me a ton of research to find this little trick

Comment

Working...
        X