4 - type

cd /usr/local/HomeSeer

5 - type

mv HSPI_OMNI.exe HSPI_OMNI.V25.exe.bu

root@ICS-HS3Pro:/HomeSeer# mv HSPI_OMNI.exe HSPI_OMNI.V25.exe.bu
    root@ICS-HS3Pro:/HomeSeer# ls *.bu
    HSPI_OMNI.V25.exe.bu

5 - type - change the xx to tt below.
    wget hxxps://forums.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67162&d=1519990591

/HomeSeer# wget hxxps://forums.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67162&d=1519990591
    [1] 26700
    root@ICS-HS3Pro:/HomeSeer# --2018-03-02 08:43:56-- hxxps://forums.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67162
    Resolving forums.homeseer.com (forums.homeseer.com)... 45.32.202.7
    Connecting to forums.homeseer.com (forums.homeseer.com)|45.32.202.7|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 87854 (86K) [application/zip]
    Saving to: ‘attachment.php?attachmentid=67162’

attachment.php?atta 100%[===================>] 85.79K --.-KB/s in 0.1s

6 - type

sudo apt-get install unzip

7 - type (note that the file download using wget gets renamed)

/HomeSeer# ls *.1
    attachment.php?attachmentid=67162.1

mv attachment.php?attachmentid=67162.1 omni.zip

root@ICS-HS3Pro:/HomeSeer# mv attachment.php?attachmentid=67162.1 omni.zip
    root@ICS-HS3Pro:/HomeSeer# ls *.zip
    omni.zip

sudo unzip omni.zip

The file named HSPI_OMNI.exe should be there after unzipping it.

8 - type reboot.

9 - go to the HS3 GUI and update manager and you should now see v.24 of the plugin.
    Last edited by Pete; March 2, 2018, 10:04 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete! I'll try this afternoon AFTER I make a clone of the ssd card in there now as a backup first.
      <style></style>

Comment

Yes always back up. Here back up the Homeseer directory every time I make a change. It is only around 300Mb in size and much less compressed.

The image back up is a sure bet to keep your Homeseer and OS intact.

That said if you utilize Linux you can just plug in your SD card to your Linux computer, use file explorer, change the name and replace it before putting the SD card back in to your RPi.

or

copy the zip plugin file to your homeseer directory and follow the directions in the link above.

With any laptop or desktop these days you can boot in to a live version of Ubuntu Desktop on a USB stick and use Linux this way temporarily.

Much faster and easier than SSHing to your box.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Yes always back up. Here back up the Homeseer directory every time I make a change. It is only around 300Mb in size and much less compressed.

The image back up is a sure bet to keep your Homeseer and OS intact.

That said if you utilize Linux you can just plug in your SD card to your Linux computer, use file explorer, change the name and replace it before putting the SD card back in to your RPi.

or

copy the zip plugin file to your homeseer directory and follow the directions in the link above.

With any laptop or desktop these days you can boot in to a live version of Ubuntu Desktop on a USB stick and use Linux this way temporarily.

Much faster and easier than SSHing to your box.
          Everything is back to v .4. The dimming and sliders are working correctly again. Thanks for your excellent detailed instructions Pete!
          <style></style>

Comment

Good news Jim!

Apologies that instructions kept getting longer as initially just typed it really quick skipping steps, then decided to just do it here and edited the step by step.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

No apologies necessary. The extra steps were good to verify I had done the steps correctly. It was perfect! Hope this rollback is helpful to Travis as well.
              <style></style>
              Last edited by avpman; March 2, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                I've attached a copy of the Omni Plugin V.24 (from a backup). It is only the executible. To install it shut down HS3, rename current exe file and copy this one to your HomeSeer root directory.

If concerned about any issues relating to this downgrade then do not install it.

Or just download it manually:

homeseer.com/updates3rd3/OMNI_Plugin.3.0.2.4.zip

and use the updater bypass reading this.

Attached is the zipped exe file and the plugin v.3.0.2.4.zip file.
                Thanks Pete, I moved back to 3.0.2.4 with your help locating the file. I had to modify the updater bypass to get it to work but other than that, all is well again....except for the Amazon Alexa outage this morning of course which had me scrambling to figure that one out.

-Thanks again,

-Travis

Comment

New version posted:
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194474
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                  X