Imperihome camera issue since android update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperihome camera issue since android update

I still use my Samsung GS6 and have Imperihome configured in it.
    I had created about a year and a half ago a project that had a camera page. So when I went to the page (actually split in two pieces) the cameras would update right there and then - one camera for the top and one for the bottom section. Now I get "error updating camera from those pages. If I select the non-updating/failing image, then I could go and watch in real-time the camera full screen as before. But not on the root page. I even created a new test page and get the same thing.
    I also have a Tab3 with the same config on it which still works - (both cameras update as usual).

I'm at a loss here... Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? Nothing has changed on my server with this... no additions or modification to the IH plugin. Kinda obvious as it works on the Tab3 running old android version.

I submitted a request to IH but have not heard back now - over a month.

Any Android guru's here know what might be causing this.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Bump...

Am I the only one that sees this since the last Android update then?

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Do you run the same exact version of the IH app on both devices?

Comment

Yes. 4.10 on both.

Robert

Comment

I have the same problem, I updated on Samsung S7 the latest version of Imperihome while I left the older version of Imperihome on the tablets. With the latest version of Imperihome, I got the same error, Error updating camera. If I create an icon and I click on it, I will see the camera fine. Did you have any resolution to this problem?

Comment

No... never heard back from IH. I think there's also another user with the same problem.
            You could try to contact IM and see if you are successful.
            I'll also ping them again.

Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert, I submitted a ticket as well. Not sure why they need to break something that works :-)

Comment

Aldo,

I was wondering if you had got anywhere with this? I've been communicating with IH support and they say that they haven't received any issues with Android 7.x. They then suggested that it might be an issue with Homeseer...
                My request is #7510 with them in case this helps. Again, identical config works fine with Android 4.x on my Tab3.

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,
                  I was wondering the same, I actually did not get any response from them at all. I'm not sure why there is a need to break something that is working [emoji23] I know it broke after I upgrade to the latest paid version. I don't think the issue is with Android since I didn't upgrade it since.

Thanks for the following up
                  Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

The latest version still works with Android 4.x. I've been bouncing messages with them. They want to use one of my cameras to verify. Don't feel comfortable with sending that out.

Perhaps you should ping them along with my ticket number. Perhaps, it would help with more of us complaining about it. Alternatively, you can leave your ticket number with this thread. I can use it in my response back to them.

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,
                      The ticket is 7745 but no one answered me yet, I will try again today.

Comment

Just to update, I did send screen shots of my failing camera updates. I then thought I'd use my new GS7 which I had in the box for about a year now. Restored my GS6 backup and IH config, and it all works again as before.

I had mentioned this to IH stating that I think the issue is related to the security patch of Android 7. My GS7 has a March 1 2017 patch which works fine, while my GS6 which now is at April 2018 - though, I believe sometime near the end of 2017 broke this feature of live camera view within the root page of IH.

I'm holding off for now on updating my GS7 patch... probably not the best idea, but I want my technology to work.

Waiting for a reply from IH support.

Robert

Comment

Thank You! I have been going crazy trying to fix this when I switched to the Essential phone with 8.0 on it, but my old moto x with 7.0 works fine. I guess ill throw my message out to IH and see if he will reply, they are very quiet when it comes to support.

Comment

Thank you, I sent several responses back to them without results. Looking forward to their fix soon, I hope.
                            We appreciate you continuing look into this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm still having this issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X