No announcement yet.

More x10 Crazyness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you enable voice command on those X-10 devices then scan devices in Alexa?
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Has been working rater well (dropped command here and there) about a month ago started getting spurious devices turning on, different ones on different house codes.

Here now leave the old Elk X10 meter on line on the computer rack.

Last summer had a similiar issue crop up and it was related to the AC compressor motor going out. Replaced AC and all is well.

Today primarily utilize UPB switches for my lightning here. I would say that UPB is powerline on steroids. Works well for me. I have gone to utilizing multiple switch toggler on single switches to reduce the footprint a bit. These 2-4-6 toggle switches are mostly used a primary switch and scene switches and single and double tap use. They are all the same with a single tap bring the lamps to a preconfigured dim and double taps doing 100% instant light. That and here in the midwest have conduit / metal boxes and have built new using metal conduit and boxes (paying a premium over default electrical).

X10 wired and wireless is around and mostly used at the end of the year for the Christmas lighting. Here pack up the outdoor old Black and Decker Freewire stuff in the Christmas tupperware containers.

By default voice control is enabled on all of your HS3 devices. Not sure if there is a settings switch to disable all of the voice control in all of the variables.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by semibogus View Post
        You mentioned in your post that you have Alexa working with the x10 in Homeseer?

I cannot seem to get it working. I have the app and the Homeseer connected but Alexa never "sees" My x10 stuff. I have no problems with any of the other connections just the x10. Wondering if I am missing something obvious? My HS3 is the Pi version. But that should not make a difference.

Ian
        Have you registered the skill in your Amazon Alexa account. It will redirect you to your MyHomeseer so you can log in. If you've done all of this you just run Discover Devices in Amazon Alexa and a full list of x10 devices should appear.

As the previous poster stated make sure you have Voice Command ticked for each x10 device. I'm running Alexa on a Pi as well.

Comment

Working...
        X