Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT30 Important Information

[UPDATE 3/25/19]
    Note that HomeSeer no longer resells the CT30 and the recommended replacement is the 2GIG:

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...ave-thermostat

Info on the CT30:

When adding this thermostat to the network, it will operate in 2 different modes, depending on the power supplied:

1) If the unit has the C wire connected (uses line power) and it is added to the network, it will NOT use beaming and will stay awake at all times. This means it can be controlled with older Z-Wave interfaces (one that does support beaming, Zensys firmware 4.27 or earlier) and it will participate in routing (will realy Z-wave commands).

2) If the unit is running on batteries and is added to the network, it will use beaming for communications. The controller must have Zensys firmware 5.02 or later or 4.51 or later. The thermostat will not relay z-wave commands in this mode.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

So my take-away from this would be that if we added the thermostat when it was on battery, but subsequently added a C-Wire, we should remove it from the network and re-add it?

This sounds like really good news because one of my CT30s hasn't had great reliability with beaming.

Comment

Yes, you will need to delete it and re-add it to the network with the C wire connected.

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
      So my take-away from this would be that if we added the thermostat when it was on battery, but subsequently added a C-Wire, we should remove it from the network and re-add it?

This sounds like really good news because one of my CT30s hasn't had great reliability with beaming.

Comment

will this work with low voltage? i thought only battery power?
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
          will this work with low voltage? i thought only battery power?
          If you have a "C" wire, or are able to run one from your heater to thermostat, then it will use that power, with battery only for backup.

Comment

so this 2gig unit will run on low voltage?
            HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
              so this 2gig unit will run on low voltage?
              If by "low voltage" you mean the voltage supplied on the "C" wire from the heater, then the answer is yes. Just do a Google search on "c wire thermostat" and you'll get plenty of information.

Comment

It will also work with a DC power adapter, 12v is ok.

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                If by "low voltage" you mean the voltage supplied on the "C" wire from the heater, then the answer is yes. Just do a Google search on "c wire thermostat" and you'll get plenty of information.

Comment

I'd originally added the CT30 on battery power to my network.
                  Since then, I'd connected a power supply and today, removed and re-added the Stat to the network (per the information here in post 1).
                  This time, HS has created three devices:
                  Z-Wave Thermostat
                  Z-Wave Thermostat Battery
                  Z-Wave Thermostat Temperature
                  Previously, I'd only had the first device.
                  The third, "Thermostat Temperature" is updating with the current temperature, as is the first device.
                  Question re: the second device "Thermostat Battery". I was under the impression that this thermostat does not report battery status. Can I expect this to be working?
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                    I'd originally added the CT30 on battery power to my network.
                    Since then, I'd connected a power supply and today, removed and re-added the Stat to the network (per the information here in post 1).
                    This time, HS has created three devices:
                    Z-Wave Thermostat
                    Z-Wave Thermostat Battery
                    Z-Wave Thermostat Temperature
                    Previously, I'd only had the first device.
                    The third, "Thermostat Temperature" is updating with the current temperature, as is the first device.
                    Question re: the second device "Thermostat Battery". I was under the impression that this thermostat does not report battery status. Can I expect this to be working?
                    One of my thermostats (both CT30) reports battery level, while the other - does not. I've asked about this on forum and was told that the one that does, has newer firmware. I asked where and how could I get and install the new firmware on the other thermostat. That was probably six month ago. Still no answer...

Comment

What might concern me about the current battery level reporting 100% is that the thermostat ran on these batteries for nearly a month and was beginning to exhibit communication problems before I connected the PS. It ought to be reporting something less than 100%. Perhaps time will tell.

I think you'll find the firmware won't be field upgradable.
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                        One of my thermostats (both CT30) reports battery level, while the other - does not. I've asked about this on forum and was told that the one that does, has newer firmware. I asked where and how could I get and install the new firmware on the other thermostat. That was probably six month ago. Still no answer...
                        Saw in another thread where 2Gig responded that the firmware is not upgradeable in the CT30. That's really too bad because I'm pretty certain all these issues we're having with them are firmware related.
                        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                          Saw in another thread where 2Gig responded that the firmware is not upgradeable in the CT30. That's really too bad because I'm pretty certain all these issues we're having with them are firmware related.
                          I agree. Regardless of ratings and cheap price, I'd never buy this thermostat again.

Comment

Wait, what? Retrofitting a C wire requires removing and re-adding to increase reliability? This is news to me...

So how can I tell from the who am I page whether or not it's in beaming-only mode? All three of my thermostats look like the following. Obviously, there's a reference to "Beam 1000" in there, but that doesn't imply anything.

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tablerowodd" align="center">26</td> <td class="tablerowodd" colspan="2" align="left">Z-Wave Interface Washitsu Thermostat Control </td> <td class="tablerowodd" align="center">0:8:06 </td> <td class="tablerowodd" align="center">2GIG</td> <td class="tablerowodd" align="center">1 H</td> <td class="tablerowodd" align="center">FF H</td> <td class="tablerowodd" align="center">True
                            (Beam 1000) </td> <td class="tablerowodd" align="center">2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 4.9</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#00ff00">Excellent (19)</td> <td class="tablerowodd" align="center">40.0Kbps</td> <td class="tablerowodd" colspan="4" align="left">Basic: ROUTING SLAVE
                            Generic: THERMOSTAT</td></tr></tbody></table>

Chris

Comment

Very interesting! Of my 3 thermostats, only one of them references (Beam 1000). The rest just say True in the listener field. Not surprisingly the one that says Beam 1000 is also the one that doesn't reliably poll. I'm sure I had that on batteries for testing before I installed it. I use a C wire on all three.

My take on this is that one of my stats and all of yours are in beaming mode, and should be removed and re-added while on the C wire.
                              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
                              X