This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.4 Beta

This is an Beta version which has all the functionality available in HS2.

Fixes
    - Zone sorting error from config page (3.0.0.6, 3.0.0.7)
    - Various errors when changing and configuring triggers (3.0.0.5)
    - PluginFunction calls for internal methods that are overloaded (3.0.0.6)
    - Revised shutdown routine to account for HS3 crashing (3.0.0.7)
    - SendToAlarm action null object reference (3.0.0.7)

Known Issues
    - This is not Linux compatible or tested.
    - No plugin specific Conditions. Use HS device conditions which will provide the same functionality.
    - The help page is not up to date
    - The Firmware Uploader has not been tested (ignore this)

Special Note in upgrading from a previous Alpha
    Add the following to [general] section of the vistaalarm.ini to recreate the Vista 1 to 6 devices with new settings (i made some code changes)
    RecreateDevices=True

Notes and Comments:

1. Please only install/test this plugin if you are familiar with the HS2 version, how to configure it and how it works. Once we are out of beta, I will post a Release version to the Updater which will make installation easier for new comers.

2. You must start from scratch. Nothing will be transferred from your HS2 setup. I supposed you could copy over your vistaalarm.ini but i would like to have you start with a clean slate.

3. I reserve the right to make any changes that may require you to delete everything related to this plugin within your HS3 setup. So don't load up every zone you have; you may have to do it all over again on the next version.

4. The latest version will expire on 2/8/2014 and no license is required until I release a Production version. I will have an update based on feedback prior to the expiration date.

5. Please reply to this thread with all comments and errors. I need repeatable steps so i can duplicate the error in order to fix it.

To Install:
    1. Shutdown HS3
    2. Extract the zip contents to the Homeseer 3 folder.
    The contents should end up in their respective folders. HSPI_VistaAlarm.exe and FTD2XX.dll in the homeseer 3 folder, and everything else in the proper html subfolder based on the Path in the zip folder.
    4. Restart HS3 and goto to the Manage Plugin page
    5. Enable the plugin and set the Com Port to your AD2USB port
    6. Restart HS3 again if necessary
    7. You may need to enable the Monitor (address Vista 1) to get things rolling.

Setup:
    1. Once the plugin is running it will create 6 new devices. You can always delete them and restart HS3 to have them recreated.
    2. Configure your Partitions as before
    3. Add a few zones and RF devices
    4. Test and report back to this thread

I think if you enabled Developer Mode on the Plugin Manage page, you will get a command window that will display the AD2USB messages
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; January 31, 2014, 08:09 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I heavily utilize scripts to gain the functionality and intelligence that need.

It appears that I am having trouble using the "Imports HSPI_VISTAALARM" at the head of my script.

On further inspection I noticed that I didn't have the imports correctly configured for HS3. Once I added that and restarted I still received errors and noticed that the corresponding DLL file was not included in the package.

In a "shot in the dark" effort I tried copying the old DLL (from HS2) on over and as expected I got a whole bunch of errors.

Anyways is there any way you can include the DLL so I can test my scripts as well.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
      I heavily utilize scripts to gain the functionality and intelligence that need.

It appears that I am having trouble using the "Imports HSPI_VISTAALARM" at the head of my script.

On further inspection I noticed that I didn't have the imports correctly configured for HS3. Once I added that and restarted I still received errors and noticed that the corresponding DLL file was not included in the package.

In a "shot in the dark" effort I tried copying the old DLL (from HS2) on over and as expected I got a whole bunch of errors.

Anyways is there any way you can include the DLL so I can test my scripts as well.

Thanks
      Things are very different in hs3...all of the functions still exist but they are not accessible like they were in HS2.

you need to research the use of PluginFunction to call specific functions in the plugin.

a separate dll is not necessary, and the use of the Import statement probably isn't either

please post a sample once you have something working
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Damn it... I was afraid of that.

Looks like I need to do some homework on transferring all my scripts.

If you have any clues let me know, also I find the answer I will be sure to share

Thanks

Comment

I got this when I changed the sorting from name to number for the zone sort on the plugin settings

Code:
          Error: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "Vista 1" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---{0x3E} System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value) at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.LoadZonesSorted() [3.0.0.4]

Comment

I got this when I changed the sorting from name to number for the zone sort on the plugin settings

Code:
            Error: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "Vista 1" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---{0x3E} System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value) at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.LoadZonesSorted() [3.0.0.4]
            thanks for the feedback. I'll put this on the list
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Code:
              I posted 3.0.0.5 at the top. please give it a try
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                I posted 3.0.0.5 at the top. please give it a try
                Will Do

Comment

also to script to the plugin you have to use this for HS3

Code:

Sub Main(ByVal parm As Object)
                  hs.PluginFunction("Vista Alarm","","SendToAlarm",{parm(0),"",FALSE})
                  End Sub
                  instead of this (for HS2)

Code:

Imports HSPI_VISTAALARM
                  Public Sub Main(ByVal parm as object) 
                   Dim VA As HSPI
                   VA = hs.Plugin("Vista Alarm")
                   VA.SendToAlarm((parm(0)),"", False)
                  end sub
                  I must have something wrong or there is an issue with calling SendToAlarm because nothing happens

I have also tried this format
                  Code:

hs.PluginFunction("MyPlugin", "", "MyFunction", New Object(){"parm1","parm2"})

Comment

SendToAlarm is probably not the easiest to start with as there are three different protocols for this method

make sure the last parameter of your call to pluginfunction has the correct data types according to one of the following:

1. Public Sub SendToAlarm(ByVal CmdStr As String, Optional ByVal CmdName As String = "", Optional ByVal PrefixWithCode As Boolean = True)

2. Public Sub SendToAlarm(ByVal CmdStr As String, ByVal CmdName As String, ByVal PartitionNum As Short)

3. Public Sub SendToAlarm(ByVal CmdStr As String, ByVal CmdName As String, ByVal SecurityCode As String)

But I think it might be easier to try

ArmAway as a test
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      SendToAlarm is probably not the easiest to start with as there are three different protocols for this method

make sure the last parameter of your call to pluginfunction has the correct data types according to one of the following:

1. Public Sub SendToAlarm(ByVal CmdStr As String, Optional ByVal CmdName As String = "", Optional ByVal PrefixWithCode As Boolean = True)

2. Public Sub SendToAlarm(ByVal CmdStr As String, ByVal CmdName As String, ByVal PartitionNum As Short)

3. Public Sub SendToAlarm(ByVal CmdStr As String, ByVal CmdName As String, ByVal SecurityCode As String)

But I think it might be easier to try

ArmAway as a test
                      I have tried ArmStay as test

hs.PluginFunction("Vista Alarm","","ArmStay", nothing)

It doesn't do anything

Comment

I have honestly spent 8 hours troubleshooting this.

If you execute this from a vb script

hs.PluginFunction("Vista Alarm","","ArmStay", nothing)

or

this should bypass zone 14
                        hs.PluginFunction("Vista Alarm", "", "SendToAlarm",{"614","",True})

Does it work for you? if so I may need to blow away the plugin completely and reinstall

Comment

Okay so I tried using the old method which was creating events and using event actions

There apparently is an issue with the send command

Event Vista 20P Keypad Buttons 1 plugin action failed:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Also noticed that when I arm partition 1 (only one I use) the "partition 1 status" device changes however the "system status" device doesn't ever update to show as armed

Edit: This may or may not be related but in both the windows client and the android client I have some text and a graphic that shows the alarm status (armed, ready, faulted etc)

both of these don't update when I arm or disarm the system. I have to exit out of the client and re open for it to update
                            Last edited by skarragallagher; January 27, 2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Damn it... I was afraid of that.

Looks like I need to do some homework on transferring all my scripts.

If you have any clues let me know, also I find the answer I will be sure to share

Thanks
                              i saw a utility for moving hs2 events to hs3 avail on the homeseer download page. check it out
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X