www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion

Irrigation Discussion Discussion of irrigation integration with HomeSeer systems.

Old April 26th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Seer Deluxe

IrrigationCaddy - JSON Interface

Has anyone done any work with IrrigationCaddy? I've been using one of these and found it has a JSON interface which I've managed to control from .NET.

I've never built an HS3 plug-in, but am wondering if anyone else already has for this irrigation solution, and if not, how much interest there may be if I attempt to make one.
Old April 26th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Seer

This is a great system and seems ripe for H3 integration. I just don't have the programming skill
Old May 2nd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocavo67 View Post
This is a great system and seems ripe for H3 integration. I just don't have the programming skill
mocavo67: I'll get in touch if/when I get around to programming this (will be for HS3 only). Right now, I'm just using a digital on/off signal to the rain detector circuit to prevent my IrrigationCaddy from running when it has rained, is cold, or the winds are too high. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on which functions you'd want to see in the HomeSeer plug-in. I probably will start simply and not offer full programming capability though HomeSeer since it already has a nice web-based interface, but here are some of the thoughts I had:

- Import Zone Names
- Status of which zone is running, and remaining time
- Ability to control on/off of system (as opposed to using rain detector input to stop it)
- Support of Authentication, if enabled
- Ability to select Zones and Times for each, and execute a "Run Now". This would not only enable HS3 to interject additional watering cycles as needed, but enable HS to actually take total control of the sprinkler schedule if desired, and use IrrigationCaddy as an interface without its own schedule.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 12:06 PM
Seer

I think if we can simply control the zones and create schedules and check status. I would say the basics at first similar to what the other plugins do.

That would be a good place to start.

Thanks
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Seer

dzee, I know this is old, but I would love a plugin with the features you mentioned. I have 2 caddy's and 37 zones. This sure would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 29th, 2016, 09:35 AM
OverSeer

Where did you guys find the JSON documentation?
Old August 29th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Seer

I got the documentation directly from IrrigationCaddy, but they made me sign a NDA before providing it. I contacted them regarding a plugin over 3 weeks ago, but they have not even responded. I think I will look for different hardware at this point.
Old August 29th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJPtx View Post
I got the documentation directly from IrrigationCaddy, but they made me sign a NDA before providing it. I contacted them regarding a plugin over 3 weeks ago, but they have not even responded. I think I will look for different hardware at this point.
I didn't sign an NDA. I just watched it on Fiddler. I wrote it down and have some .net code that runs zones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old August 29th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Seer

Would you mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 29th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

IrrigationCaddy JSON (Unofficial)

This is the JSON I saw when running Fiddler, an HTML sniffer, on the browser session with my system. I have 9 zones, so the labels you see in these are mine. IP addresses are unique to my system, too. There are some scratch notes in between it all. Sorry, I didn't have time to clean it up.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf IrrigationCaddy-API.pdf (363.9 KB, 85 views)
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:58 AM
Seer

Thank you. After thinking through this and the time investment needed, I may go ahead and switch to OpenSprinkler and give one of my Caddy's to a friend.
Old December 1st, 2016, 04:33 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzee View Post
This is the JSON I saw when running Fiddler, an HTML sniffer, on the browser session with my system. I have 9 zones, so the labels you see in these are mine. IP addresses are unique to my system, too. There are some scratch notes in between it all. Sorry, I didn't have time to clean it up.
DZEE

I'm interested in an Irrigation Caddy plugin for HS3, if you are still planning to develop something....