Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Thermostat

All,

I am a newbie to Homeseer. I setup my home and couple of friends homes - with lighting and wall switches and garage sensors and door locks. I would like to automate thermostats. What brand thermostat have you all had good success with and why?

Thanks all !!

John

I really like the Ecobee3 Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat. It works well and the plugin works very well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For my application, I am using the GoControl GC-TBZ48 thermostat. It is for a cabin application, so I was looking for something simple and reliable. I didn't need a lot of programming capability in the thermostat itself because I can accomplish that in HomSeer. I have only had it for a few months, but it has been very reliable.

Comment

Recommended Thermostat

I usually steer clear of cloud controlled devices, but wanted to tie it to HS3. I use a TRANE XR524 at home. It is a Z-wave device so no plugins needed. Works very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
          Recommended Thermostat

I usually steer clear of cloud controlled devices, but wanted to tie it to HS3. I use a TRANE XR524 at home. It is a Z-wave device so no plugins needed. Works very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Reviving an old one - HomeSeer sells the XR524 - can someone show me an example of the HS devices created with this stat- and does it report fan speed changes?

EDIT - no 2 stage cooling - my bad

Specifications
          • System Type: Standard (gas/electric) and heat pump
          • Standard HVAC Systems: 2 stage heating and 1 stage cooling
          • Heat Pump systems: 1 compressor heat with 1 stage aux heat and 1 stage cooling
          • Power: 24 VAC from HVAC System
          Last edited by Monk; August 24, 2018, 07:41 PM. Reason: Research - not the correct stat

Comment

Working...
          X