Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Soon I will be releasing a plugin for monitoring and controlling your Harmony Hub. I know there are 2 plugins out there already, but I found that I really wanted direct communication to the HUB and neither of them seem to do that and rely on third party libraries that require polling. MeiHarmonyHub will communicate with the hub directly and updates on the hub are immediately picked up.

With MeiHarmonyHub:
    • You are able to manually Connect and Disconnect of the hub via a Device,
    • You are able to track if the communication with the hub is lost unexpectedly,
    • The hub will automatically attempt to reconnect if communication is unexpectedly lost with the hub.
    • You are able to control any Entertainment device in your Harmony Hub through HS.
    • You are able to monitor the current Activity IN REAL TIME! No polling is required! (Updated after the activity is completely started).
    • You have access to triggers for When an activity is starting and when it has completely started.
    • You have access to triggers for when the power off process starts and when it is complete.
    • You can control multiple hubs. I currently am only doing this via 1 instance as I don't see the need for multiple instances. I don't see an upper limit for the number of hubs either, but I only have 4 locally to test with. If it ends up it is better to do allow multiple instance, I will do that in the future.

I am finishing up adding the triggers now. After that I plan on adding in some other features like per device, per button repeats and delays, but may release that after the initial release.

Future enhancements will be including:
    • "Sequences" that are stored in the hub. They are stored as part of the activity in the Hub, but I think they can be run independently. I have only done some rudimentary testing with this
    • Scripting Commands for sending a string of commands to a device (and potentially multiple devices
    • I'm considering adding support for creating your own Macros which you can run from HS
    • There is some information on home control items that are run via the hub extender (z-wave and ZIGBEE!). I have one on order, so hopefully I will be able to provide more on this soon. I think you will be able to at the least monitor devices that are controlled by the hub. This may also apply to other devices such as the Philips Hues that the hub can control (even without the Hub Extender). Extensive testing will be required for this.

I may want to have some people beta test, so if you are interested, please let me know. I hope to have a version ready for initial testing done by the end of this weekend but at the latest the end of next week (depends on what the wife has planned for this weekend...LOL)

Finally, I will be more than likely charging for this plugin in the future. I haven't decided on a final price, but I have put in a lot of time the past few weeks getting this stood up and working and I know it will be a huge time sink in the future adding new and exciting features!

Beta Information
    I have asked to allow the beta to be put in the updater, but until there, I will put the zip here with the update_override.txt file so that it can be loaded manually. I've also asked for a sub forum for MeiHarmonyHub.

Note that this plugin has been set as a "free" plugin, but I have implemented an expiration date into the betas.

(Basic instructions to get started here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...20#post1349320)

Version 0.0.1.0
    * Initial Release
    * Expires: 2/28/2018
    * I forgot to fully add in the triggers for power off (Hub is turning off, Hub has turned off) so they won't work in this version.

Version 0.0.2.0
    * Expires: 2/28/2018
    * Fixed bug with status folder not being created on install.
    * known issue: I forgot to fully add in the triggers for power off (Hub is turning off, Hub has turned off) so they won't work in this version.

Version 0.0.4.0
    * Expires 2/28/2018
    * Added polling to keep Activities and Devices current with the hub (default 1 day polling)
    * Added Device command repeats and delays (on the device level. per command level coming later)
    * Added settings for controlling number of connect tries and the time between attempts
    * Added power off Triggers
    * ADDED LINUX SUPPORT! (tested on RaspberryPi running full HS3, not the Pi version)

(Version 0.0.3.0 was skipped as I decided to work on the Linux support tonight and got it working)

Version 0.0.5.0
    * Expires 2/2/18
    * Fixed high CPU bug.

Version 3.0.1.0
    * Expires 3/31/18
    * Added by Device and by Command Repeat and repeat delay settings.
    * Added 2 convenience actions - Send Activity and Send Device Command
    * Added setting for determining when HomeSeer Activity device is updated.
    * Lots of behind the scenes optimizations and code cleanup.

Version 3.0.1.1
    * Expires 3/31/18
    * Removed button for saving device command settings. It's not needed as they are saved automatically now.

Version 3.0.1.2
    * Expires 3/31/18
    * Added more debugging logging for Connecting and updating of Activty and Device device status values.
    * Added setting "Request Timeout". Allows you to set how long a request will take before it times out.
    * Added setting "Heartbeat Interval". Allows you to set how often the heartbeat runs to let the hub know we are still here.

Version 3.0.1.3
    * Expires 3/31/18
    * Fixed bug where debugging to file did not work. Logs should be stored in [HomeSeerInstallDirectory]/Logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log

Version 3.0.1.4
    * Expires 3/31/18
    * Fixed built in triggers not working properly
    * Added additional debugging
    * Added ability to remove a hub (does not delete HomeSeer devices, just the hub from the plugin's list of hubs).
    * Added ability to change a hubs IP address (this should only be used if you know what you are doing).

Version 3.0.1.5
    * Expires 3/31/18
    * Add Sleep Timer support
    * Added additional debugging
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sirmeili; March 16, 2018, 07:53 PM.

If you need a beta tester let me know.. I have 2 hubs in different rooms

Comment

I have a couple hubs in a box. Maybe I should get them into my system. Lol

Comment

Would be very interested in buying, once bugs worked out.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Tested both the others and would like to test this plugin when available. How does this communicate directly? Api? Some third party involved?

Wizardry ;-)

Comment

I would be interested in testing as well. Currently using Jon00's version as the other plugin didn't give me enough control. Would be very interested in the real time aspects of yours.

Comment

Would be very interested.
              Last edited by ; January 27, 2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                Tested both the others and would like to test this plugin when available. How does this communicate directly? Api? Some third party involved?

Wizardry ;-)
                It's not wizardry, but also not "official" so it could break (but it hasn't in the past couple of years). I'm talking directly to the hub the same way the phone apps do. And unless they make a drastic change to how they communicate, i don't ever see this breaking in a way that can't be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                  I would be interested in testing as well. Currently using Jon00's version as the other plugin didn't give me enough control. Would be very interested in the real time aspects of yours.
                  Yeah, the real time is what got me into finally just doing it. I was super excited when I found out that I don't just have access to when an activity is changed, but when the hub starts to actually start the activity and when it finishes. I have some Activities that take a few seconds to start and now if I want to adjust lights, I can trigger it when the activity starts instead of waiting till the end (or previously waiting up to a minute, which did go down to 5 seconds with Jon's plugin).

I wish it exposed when you pressed buttons, but I have yet to find that if it is even exposed (at this point, I seriously doubt it does).

Comment

2 hubs here, I'm in.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Comment

I have 4 hubs - count me in!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                          It's not wizardry, but also not "official" so it could break (but it hasn't in the past couple of years). I'm talking directly to the hub the same way the phone apps do. And unless they make a drastic change to how they communicate, i don't ever see this breaking in a way that can't be fixed.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Count me in!

Scott

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

No. If they lock it down to where it's unfixable there would be little I could do. Though they have an official API, they appear to not care to give people access to it unless you are a big Corp from what i can tell.
                              If they did change it though it would require them to completely change how both the hub and the phone apps work, so I seriously doubt that could happen. Right now I'm even able to talk directly to the hub without even authenticating with their severs, if they change that I could activate the code for authentication to the server (the code is there but I haven't tested it too much, but I can).

Yes, it's a risk, but when you run into companies that don't see the benefit to open apps you have to sometimes take a risk of using unofficial methods.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X