Kwikset 914 not getting recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset 914 not getting recognized

Installing a new Kwikset 914. Following the instructions and have the 914 less than a foot away from the HS controller. I also have my phone next to them with Z-Tool+ running. When I press button A on the 914 it is not picked up by the phone or by HS.

Suggestions?

I had to push the button on the Kwikset lock repeatedly (like every 1 second) so it would stay awake while the device and all child devices were discovered.

Comment

I have tried that multiple times the past couple days and it is not working. Z-Tool+ is not seeing the activation attempt.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Comment

No idea why, but i've always had problems with z-tools. I don't think i've ever successfully got anything to install with it. I use a z-net, and take the z-net over to the device using a battery pack, and my phone to go into hs3 and do the add node just as PRNorton states. Edit: and even then it takes multiple attempts to get a Kwikset lock to install correctly typically (My Experience).

Comment

So you're saying get rid of the SmartStick and upgrade to Z-Net to get a better experience and a better shot at getting the locks working.

Comment

Originally posted by kevincanderson View Post
              So you're saying get rid of the SmartStick and upgrade to Z-Net to get a better experience and a better shot at getting the locks working.
              Oh yeah, the Z-Net has much better signal strength according to the users that have done that.

Comment

Working...
              X