No announcement yet.

Guest access for lighting control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn, one of the Minimotes is defective, it will not charge; no blue light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I have implemented 3 minimotes for guest/manual control of bedroom/family room lighting. They work great, but it took a lot of work to program HS3. I have an additional 24 HS3 events to handle the minimote commands.

During this, I have also been working with a few Lutron Caseta light switches. Now that the Lutron Caseta HS3 plugin works with the original Lutron hub, I am also considering using the Lutron remote to turn off all lights in a few rooms.

I really like the Lutron Caseta switches that come with the remote. The remote can be tabletop or wall mounted. So it can be on a bedside table or mounted to the wall. By adding a single event to HS3 (with the Lutron Caseta plugin), the Lutron remote can turn off all of the bedroom lights. If the remote is wall mounted nearby the bed, it will not be lost or misplaced (the minimotes seem to disappear [emoji3]).

The other aspect about Lutron Caseta switches, is they will work without HS3. No need to replace them if you sell the house.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
      X