X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I've got a bit of progress. I deleted the 2 virtual devices and rebooted. This recreated the devices and the drop down with all plugins are there now.

But selecting a plugin to disable it will hang the devices page. I can go to the Plugin page and observe the related plugin has not disabled. Nothing registers in the log. But I can't get back into the devices page without rebooting again.

Comment

I've just upgraded my test system to .377 and tried it here. Seems to work fine? Admittedly my test system only has 4 plugins but that should not make a difference.
      Jon

Comment

I'm on mono 3.2.8. I've also got one multi-instance plugin, BLPlex. See screen grab.

Would that make a difference?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ; October 16, 2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

It should make no difference.

Please confirm you have local logins disabled which is a requirement.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            It should make no difference.

Please confirm you have local logins disabled which is a requirement.
            You mean ticked or unticked? The manual says "Make sure you have 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup". I have it ticked.

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
              You mean ticked or unticked? The manual says "Make sure you have 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup". I have it ticked.
              Yes that should be ticked. You should be able to browse your Homeseer web pages locally without needing to enter a password.

I'm currently out of ideas.
              Jon

Comment

Jon;

It looks like I am in the same boat. The devices no longer are populated with plug-ins - they're completely empty. I don't know when it changed, because I verified they were working after you put the fix in for the changes when HSTouch was removed as a plug-in and added to the core program.

EDIT: Restarting HomeSeer repopulated the devices. I will see if I can figure out why/when they go away.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes that should be ticked. You should be able to browse your Homeseer web pages locally without needing to enter a password.

I'm currently out of ideas.
                  Still not able to pin down the problem on my SEL, so I decided to test it on my backup Zee S2. The result is baffling.

The Zee S2 has been running fine with HS3 V368, and version one of your plugin. To test, I installed HS3 V377, and version 2 of the plugin. But when I tried to run the script, it errored out. Out of curiosity, I ran an existing event on the Zee S2 calling the version one script to disable a plugin, and was very surprised to find that it was working.

This is baffling since the copy of HS3 on the Zee S2 is an exact copy of my SEL since HS3 V368. Now, both have gone through the update to V377. Yet, neither version 1 or 2 work on the SEL now, and only version 1 will work on the Zee S2.

Baffled!

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    EDIT: Restarting HomeSeer repopulated the devices. I will see if I can figure out why/when they go away.
                    Are you able to disable and enable your plugins Randy? Are you on a Zee S2 or SEL?

Comment

FYI, I just updated my Linux build to V379 and tested this without issue.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
                        Are you able to disable and enable your plugins Randy? Are you on a Zee S2 or SEL?
                        It looks like Jon has tested on Linux with 3.0.0.379. Mine has been working properly since I posted above. HS3 is running under Windows 10 on a PC.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

FYI, I just updated my Linux build to V379 and tested this without issue.
                          I've updated to 379, but still the same outcomes on both my SEL and Zee S2.

On the SEL, neither script will work. The V2 script will create the 2 devices, but when I select a plugin from the drop down list, the HS3 device webpage interface just hangs.

On the Zee S2, the V2 script errors out, but the V1 script works

Here are the excerpts from the Zee S2 log showing the V1 and V2 scripts being manually run from an event.

Oct-23 7:31:22 PM Info Plugin CM15A with instance: has disconnected
                          Oct-23 7:31:22 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: CM15A
                          Oct-23 7:31:21 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00PluginSet.vben("Main","CM15A;0")
                          Oct-23 7:31:21 PM Event Event Trigger "Testing Test Plugin Enabler - V1"
                          Oct-23 7:31:21 PM Event Event Testing Test Plugin Enabler - V1 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                          Oct-23 7:30:57 PM Error Compiling script /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00Plugin.vben: Cannot convert from 'System.Net.WebRequest' to 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest'.
                          Oct-23 7:30:57 PM Error Compiling script /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00Plugin.vben: The import 'System.Core' could not be found.
                          Oct-23 7:30:51 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00Plugin.vben
                          Oct-23 7:30:51 PM Event Event Trigger "Testing Test Plugin Enabler - V2"
                          Oct-23 7:30:51 PM Event Event Testing Test Plugin Enabler - V2 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                          Here is my Zee S2 info ...
                          --------------------------------
                          Current Date/Time: 10/23/2017 7:41:57 PM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.379
                          Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 17 Minutes 36 Seconds
                          IP Address: 192.168.100.189
                          Number of Devices: 334
                          Number of Events: 206
                          Available Threads: 399
                          HSTouch Enabled: True
                          Event Threads: 0
                          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                          Device Exec Queue: 0
                          Plugin Callback Queue: 0
                          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                          Email Send Queue: 0
                          Anti Virus Installed:

Comment

All I can think is that this is a mono 3.2.8 issue. I'm running Mono 4 on my Linux machine.
                            Jon

Comment

All I can think is that this is a mono 3.2.8 issue. I'm running Mono 4 on my Linux machine.
                              Yes, guess so. Not willing to upgrade Mono though. Not with 219 events to rebuild!

Comment

Not willing to upgrade Mono though. Not with 219 events to rebuild!

Maybe you can try the new Setup / Labs / Export to JSON / Import to JSON functions.

Maybe:

1 - create an image copy of your currently Zee2
                                2 - use the Export to JSON function
                                3 - shut down Homeseer
                                4 - update mono
                                5 - restart Homeseer
                                6 - import from JSON file

It might work. If it doesn't you can go back to your original SD card.

Last week here removed Mono 4.X and updated to Mono 5.2 and a couple of days later did an update which took mono to 5.4.

or

1 - Run the Windows HS3,
                                2 - import your stuff from the Linux build copy.
                                3 - Update Mono on your image copy build.
                                4 - Export the DB on your Windows test.
                                5 - Import the DB on your Linux build with Mono 4.X or Mono 5.X.

If you are using a backup SD card and this doesn't work you can go back to the original SD card.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X