This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest Access

Guys, This is an Idea i had a while ago to allow controlled guests access to my house
    Example:
    * Friends need to stop by to pick something up while i'm not home
    * Meeting someone at my house and i want to let them in before i get home
    * Cleaning Maid coming over, etc...

Basically i have 2 people who live in my house (me + roomate) we both have proximity badges (as well as secondary user keypad acct in case we forget our prox badge). I also have a prox badge (easily could be a pin though) that i call Guest Access.

My over all goal is to place the Prox badge outside, somewhat hidden, and out of the weather. Also to install prox badge reader at my front door that will unlatch the front doorstrike.

99% of the time that badge is disabled from gaining access. If i need to enable it i can go upto my keypad and press the F6 button to enable the Guest Badge. This runs a Elk Rule that Enables the badge and changes a (dummy) output to 1 which makes the F6 button illumiate signifying that the Guest badge is active.

So basically it is like hiding a key to your house outside, but you can tell everyone where it is because it doesn't work until you enable it. I've also setup 2 tasks (enable and disable) so that i can turn the Guest Badge on/off by a phone call to my house.

If anyone's interested i can post more info and my rule sets, they're pretty basic.
    --Fred
Working...
X