Zwave interface can't find USB stick; uninstalled zwave interface blackhole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave interface can't find USB stick; uninstalled zwave interface blackhole

I recently had to reload due to a disk failure and in the process moved from 2.3 to 2.5. When I originally plugged in my USB stick (WDUSB-10) the XP system loaded the HID compliant drive and HS saw it and all was well. I scanned for new devices (I only have one) and it found it but then duplicated the original ones.

Like a fool I then deleted all the zwave devices hoping to just reset. Unfortunately a scan then wouldn't pick up the device any longer. To make matters worse I decided to then click the restart the zwave interface and it warned me this would delete the interface and I did it. Well now I'm getting this error at start up:

11/17/2011 11:01:53 PM Z-Wave -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 11/17/2011 11:01:53 PM Z-WaveError (Init/Sync) Initializing Z-Wave Interface: Cannot find USB Interface (3) 11/17/2011 11:01:53 PM Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave Interface on USB 11/17/2011 11:01:53 PM Z-Wave :- :- :- :- :- :- :- :- Initializing Z-Wave Interface -: -: -: -: -: -: -: -:
    I can see the USB Stick/HID driver is there via the device manager. I thought this might be a function that the stick was now plugged into a different USB slot it claims it's looking for Interface 3 but moving it around doesn't help. This is an XP machine running SP3 if it matters.

I noted that I can't see the zwave interface on the interface tab or the manage button so I went back to basics and went through the updater and it didn't recognize that the HomeSeer Zwave USB Drivers were installed. Ok, so I run through the update and restarted HS and there is still no Zwave USB driver interface.

I think if I can actually get these to install again it'll all work. But everytime I run the updater is doesn't think the driver is installed and claims to install it but it doesn't. I'm getting frantic to maybe try copying my old zwave drivers/setup from my 2.3 install but I need so guidance on the right way to fix this instead of me hacking at it.

What do I need to get my zwave interface back properly installed?

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/dickc/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/dickc/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png[/IMG]

Do you have a backup of your HomeSeer 2.3 directory? Do you have the 2.3 program files/disk ?

Comment

I do have a backup of the homeseer 2.3 directory next to the existing install.

I'm now wondering if I should just reinstall homseer 2.5 overtop of my existing installation to get the zwave interfact back? If you have a better idea let me know.

Comment

Are you running HomeSeer as a service?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No, I'm not. Always had problems trying to set that up. The default user is logged in at start up and homeseer starts as part of that user.

Comment

Everything was working before the rebuild - correct?

What I would do since you have backup of the 2.3 directory

Uninstall the 2.5 version of Homeseer

Install a fresh copy of the 2.3 software. Without overlaying the new installation - Does it recognize WDUSB-10 stick? If it does overlay with your 2.3 backup? Is everything still working?

Backup your directory again and do the upgrade to the current version

Comment

Working...
            X