www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old July 18th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Seer

KeypadLink - Sync linked responder devices - Solved

Testing an 8-button KeypadLink and on of the buttons is cross linked to a SwitchLink Dimmer. The cross link between the devices behaves as it should when controlling either one of the devices locally and the HomeSeer device list is updated accordingly.

The problem lies when the SwitchLink Dimmer is controlled from HomeSeer, the KeypadLink does not update. I thought that's what the 'Sync linked responder devices' option is for as it works correctly (for example) between two cross linked SwitchLink Dimmers but not with KeypadLink?

Insteon Plug-in 3.0.5.86

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I forgot that both devices need to be checked 'Sync linked responder devices' and now it works!

Last edited by DMT; July 18th, 2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old July 18th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Insteon Overlord

thanks for reporting back.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.280
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.10 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory