www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > UPB plugin by Spud (3P)

UPB plugin by Spud (3P) Spud UPB plugin discussions.

Old August 4th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Seer

Simply Automated PIM USB problems.

So I have been using the SA USB PIM for quite a while and I haven't actually been that happy with it, many of the devices on my network I can't communicate with due to noise and signal strength issues and now I have a com port problem with upb spud, so I'm looking at buying a new one and then replace the SA devices that I can't get to work with Zwave devices. I have about 70 switches and about 10 can't be reached unless I move the pim to different plugs. I do have a repeater and a phase coupler but my house is a remodel and it's big, so I guess that's the problem.

Anyways so if I was looking to buy a new pim so that I can get this to work with homeseer, what would be the best one to buy pulseworks PIM or the pulseworks network interface or buy another simply automated pim.

I dont' want to replace 60 switches if i don't have to and the reason for using homeseer is to be able to interface different tech into one box.
Old August 4th, 2016, 09:31 AM
OverSeer

I've been using the PulseWorks PIM for years with no issues. It has a USB plug, but there is an integral serial-to-USB converter circuit, so it looks like a conventional serial interface to the computer.

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Old August 4th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Michael View Post
I've been using the PulseWorks PIM for years with no issues. It has a USB plug, but there is an integral serial-to-USB converter circuit, so it looks like a conventional serial interface to the computer.

yeah i think i'm going to swtich i atually forgot that the smartstick+ was com3 so i've been trying to connect to that but basially the SA PIM doesn't create a serial to usb shadow com port at all, so i don't think i can use the upbspub without that. you have the usb one right, not the rs232 one?

hey do you know if the homeseer one also needs the com port... i guess i can look myself, but i imagine it does.
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Seer

So in all of my research you can't use the simply automated PIM with either UPBspud or the Homeseer UPB plugin. both require a com port, which the SA PIM cannot create, you could buy a serial to usb interface, but really you should just get the pulseworx or HAI PIM and not the one from Simply automated.

Kinda wish the guys at automated home told me that, but it appears that no one really knows this, which is why I'm writing it down for future people to read and hopefully find out which one to purchase instead of buying the wrong one to start if they want to use it with home seer.
Old August 14th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Seer

following up from the previous messages, i now have a pulseworx pim and all is well. i wish i had bought a pulseworx pim earlier actually..

only problem i have is that i can reach devices to turn them on and off via the repeater i have but apparently upstart can't see them to configure them.