Z Wave motorized blind control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z Wave motorized blind control?

Does anyone know of any (currently released or soon-to-be-released) Z-Wave/other (non-bluetooth) blind controllers for regular blinds (not blinds that are already controllable via a system like Somfy)?

I know of some companies that have started kickstarter campaigns but never followed through.

What are you guys using to control your blinds?

I wish someone would get one of these reasonable options on the market!

http://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave-iot...-blinds-smart/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This will soon be available: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...hades-gadget#/

Comment

Besides the already mentioned MoveZ there is also AXIS Gear
        http://helloaxis.com/

I am waiting for both to get produced and shipped.

Comment

I like the MoveZ and AXIS Gear however all my blinds have wands instead of cords. iBlinds was the best option but apparently there hasn't been any word on them since their Kickstarter didn't work out.

Comment

Rolltertrol.com has some options
            HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
            53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
            https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Does anyone know of any (currently released or soon-to-be-released) Z-Wave/other (non-bluetooth) blind controllers for regular blinds (not blinds that are already controllable via a system like Somfy)?

I know of some companies that have started kickstarter campaigns but never followed through.

What are you guys using to control your blinds?
              Somfy does have an option to by the motor only. You don't need to use their blinds. http://www.automatedshadestore.com/s...78-pid120.html. I have 1 installed and works great. Have been using for several years on same batteries.

There is also these that I recently found https://www.mysmartblinds.com/ . They are controllable via an app so I assume someone could make a plugin to control via HS.

What I like about these 2 options is the motor is hidden away in the rail.

Comment

The only issue for me is that Somfy is almost twice as expensive as other brands, but it also seems like the better option.

However, I think you would also have to get the Z-Wave to RTS adapter to use it with HS.

And unfortunately it looks like MySmartBlinds uses bluetooth with their proprietary app so I don't think it's something can HS can control.

Comment

I agree that Somfy is expensive. That's why I never did the rest of my blinds. I have been waiting for something better and cheaper to come along. Have been waiting for 2 years and nothing yet. I know as soon as I invest in Somfy something cheaper will come along.

As for controlling the the Somfy I use RFXCOM and the available HS plugin.

Comment

I found Somfy blinds (entry motors) to be price comparable with Rollertrol. Got them through Budget Blinds.

Comment

Is Somfy what the majority of HS guys use for blinds?

WE did new windows last summer, and need new blinds still. I don't need that many automated, just maybe 3 or 4. Or 5 or 6 . . .

Comment

I have over $15k sunk into Somfy wired powered RTS shades - I wouldn't use any other product. Somfy simply works and HS integration with RFXCOMM is reliable. Don't go some ghetto ad-hoc route and buy some wonky, noisy, half-assed battery based motor. Sure, save yourself half the coin, but you will regret it in the long-term (especially after you have to replace a dozen batteries in each motor each month). Shades is something where you should do it right or not do it at all.

Comment

Bali with Z-Wave

I also put a significant amount of money into using Bali (Springs Windows Fashions brand) that I purchased at Home Depot between 2 and 3 years ago. I direct wired the home (12V) and so far these are working well. They are the RTS style using a ZRTSI for Z-Wave to RTS conversion.

Now I am ready to put similar $ into the basement that we just finished and Bali now has Z-Wave compatible blinds, but I can't find any discussion on this. Any success stories? They started shipping these mid summer 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
                            I have over $15k sunk into Somfy wired powered RTS shades - I wouldn't use any other product. Somfy simply works and HS integration with RFXCOMM is reliable. Don't go some ghetto ad-hoc route and buy some wonky, noisy, half-assed battery based motor. Sure, save yourself half the coin, but you will regret it in the long-term (especially after you have to replace a dozen batteries in each motor each month). Shades is something where you should do it right or not do it at all.
                            sickpuppy,
                            I am building a new house and I am about to sink $15K into Somfy RTS shades. I am also looking into using HS for the house. So very new to both systems and trying to figure out how HS works and how I can get HS to work with the Somfy RTS shades. I have read many HS posts on both but still not clear on what is needed and how to connect everything up. Can you outline in detail what is needed and how to interface the shades to HS both of which I have not bought yet but will in about 4 months hence the reason for me looking into this now.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                              Besides the already mentioned MoveZ there is also AXIS Gear
                              http://helloaxis.com/

I am waiting for both to get produced and shipped.
                              Looks like Axis has killed the Z-Wave and are going with Zigbee.
                              They are offering a "free" Samsung SmartThings hub along with the motors.

I still have two motors on order.
                              Anybody sticking with Axis or should I get my money back?
                              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X