Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Steering - Fire Doors

I have HS3 in an office building.

I am temporarily using Z-Wave door sensors to monitor fire doors purely for info capability in HS3 + notifying myself via Pushover notifications. The fire doors are connected to a full fire panel from Tyco for official monitoring.

What is the HS3 programming methodology to 'bundle' multiple door sensors?

I am trying to make a virtual alarm zone that covers the fire doors ->

Either:

all fire doors closed

or

at least one fire door is open

(also if possible, a list of which fire doors are open)

I'm sure this has been covered/tackled but I don't know what to search for. Any help appreciated!

Over the years here have configured a national contract(s) with Tyco for building management of multiple company national offices.

Babysitting when I could not be present for construction here used CCTV cameras.

See this for Tyco.

Tyco Solutions

Homeseer is not intended to be used in commercial applications.
    Last edited by Pete; November 20, 2017, 07:29 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by fksk View Post
      I have HS3 in an office building.

I am temporarily using Z-Wave door sensors to monitor fire doors purely for info capability in HS3 + notifying myself via Pushover notifications. The fire doors are connected to a full fire panel from Tyco for official monitoring.

What is the HS3 programming methodology to 'bundle' multiple door sensors?

I am trying to make a virtual alarm zone that covers the fire doors ->

Either:

all fire doors closed

or

at least one fire door is open

(also if possible, a list of which fire doors are open)

I'm sure this has been covered/tackled but I don't know what to search for. Any help appreciated!
      I would use Easy Trigger for Device grouping. You can put all the doors in a group, then send a message if: ANY device in the group is opened or closed or if ALL devices in a group are opened or closed. Using these triggers and conditions to generate a Pushover notification. To get the list, I use replacement variables in the pushover message showing the status of each of the devices in the group.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Over the years here have configured a national contract(s) with Tyco for building management of multiple company national offices.

Babysitting when I could not be present for construction here used CCTV cameras.

See this for Tyco.

Tyco Solutions

Homeseer is not intended to be used in commercial applications.
        Thanks Pete, but if you re-read my OP you'll see that I'm already all set with Tyco for the 'official' commercial fire panel that is monitored, and I'm adding HS to monitor for notifications for my internal business processes.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I would use Easy Trigger for Device grouping. You can put all the doors in a group, then send a message if: ANY device in the group is opened or closed or if ALL devices in a group are opened or closed. Using these triggers and conditions to generate a Pushover notification. To get the list, I use replacement variables in the pushover message showing the status of each of the devices in the group.
          Thanks rprade! On it.

Comment

I'm already all set with Tyco for the 'official' commercial fire panel that is monitored, and I'm adding HS to monitor for notifications for my internal business processes.

Understood and read it and do not condone the use of Homeseer automation software for a commercial endeavor.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              I'm already all set with Tyco for the 'official' commercial fire panel that is monitored, and I'm adding HS to monitor for notifications for my internal business processes.

Understood and read it and do not condone the use of Homeseer automation software for a commercial endeavor.
              Pete, while I would agree that using only HomeSeer automation for commercial security, I see no reason why it cannot be used in parallel with a commercial security system for simple reporting. HomeSeer monitoring would have no impact on the Tyco security system, it would simply offer separate reporting of the fire door state.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Understood Randy.

My issue is not related to running in parallel as it would be innocuous to do this.

It is relating to any dependencies on double checking with Homeseer software or any actions dependent on the use of the home automation software in a commercial realm.

This view - opinion from historically doing this sort of stuff (public and private sector) from the 1990's in to the 2000's and using Homeseer from the late 1990's (for home automation).

That said the OP can do anything he wants.
                Last edited by Pete; November 20, 2017, 05:27 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X