power restore not giving me chance to cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power restore not giving me chance to cancel

Just upgraded my Win XP Pro hardware and HS to 1.7.30 (from 1.7.7); a fresh install of everything. I did copy my config.xml file (and others) over successfully.

Looks identical except upon restart I used to be able to cancel the "catch up" option within 30 secs. I still see the screen very briefly but it disappears right away and does the catch up - no time to cancel.

I didn't find, and don't remember messing with, a timeout value for this feature when I set HS up nearly 2 years (the time passed could have very definitely erased any memory of the issue)

Any refresher (or blame on 1.7.30) would be appreciated.

This isnt exactly the answer you are looking for, but support information. I had XP home when I first installed hs, 1.7.30. That catchup screen has always flown right by me too. My response was to be careful about what events were on the catchup list....

It looks like its nothing particular to your setup, which leaves open the question of can you change it...

Paul
    Paul

Comment

Sam things occurs to me but I haven't asked the question. I thought it was more of a version issue than a PC/CPU speed issue?

Comment

I just rebooted and managed to catch mine, but I also usually miss it.

Comment

Mines too fast too. Has been since the latest beta update.

Comment

Same here with Winodws 2000. If I hit the enter key quick enough, I can catch it, since 'cancel' is the default. I was never fast enough with the mouse.
            Dick
            HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Its definitely something that has changed in the last beta or so - I used to try to push though so it didn't wait 30 seconds, now it just displays the screen for a few moments and its straight into doing the catch-up

Comment

I just had to restart HS again and I managed to catch the cancel button for a second time in a row. Maybe we should keep track of high score.

Comment

Yep, I've got exactly the same problem with version 1.7.30, just sort of came to live with it in the hope it will rectifie in future versions.

Never thought about trying to hit the enter key in those few milliseconds the option screen appears, that could turn out to be fun trying to catch it before it dissapears.
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                  X