www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > UPB plugin by Spud (3P)

UPB plugin by Spud (3P) Spud UPB plugin discussions.

Old December 11th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Seer Master

Polling devices

Is there a way to get your plug-in to poll a device for current status. This relates back to my pool level sensor and the messages I seem to be missing sometimes. When my event decides the pool needs water, I'd like to poll the sensor to make sure it is really low. A missed message caused me to overfill the pool the other day, and while I think I fixed that problem (I now key off the device status rather than the link activate/deactivate it sends), an all-around better approach would be to poll the UMI32 periodically.
Old December 12th, 2015, 09:14 AM

yes you can either

(1) use the "UPB Action > Poll Device State" from an event

or

(2) select the device you want to poll from the device management page then click the "Poll devices for status" button
Old December 14th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Seer Master

That should help---one thing: is poll device state a synchronous action or is it asynchronous (i.e. if there are additional event actions do they happen immediately or do they wait for the event state to be returned?)?
Old December 14th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Seer Master

That should help---one thing: is poll device state a synchronous action or is it asynchronous (i.e. if there are additional event actions do they happen immediately or do they wait for the event state to be returned?)?
Old December 14th, 2015, 02:49 PM

it's asynchronous, the action won't wait for the result of the state request
Old May 14th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Seer Plus

polling error

Attempting to add a poll all to an event gives the following error:Event Time Triggered Events 7:25 AM plugin action failed:Input string was not in a correct format.
Old May 14th, 2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overst View Post
Attempting to add a poll all to an event gives the following error:Event Time Triggered Events 7:25 AM plugin action failed:Input string was not in a correct format.
Try to select a specific device and then select back "All", that should fix the problem. I will fix this problem properly in the next version.