Fibaro Flood Sensor Z-Wave error and issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Flood Sensor Z-Wave error and issues

So, I've had two Fibaro flood sensors for some time now. When I first set them up (Oct 2015?) They worked, and worked great.

Recently I noticed that the Battery and other sub-devices for them hadn't updated in a REALLY long time. So after doing some digging and getting nowhere, I decided to remove and re-add one of them. I'm finding that in doing so, I'm seeing two things happen:

1. My re-added sensor has only 4 sub-devices instead of 5 that it used to have. The missing sub-device is the "Water Leak Alarm".

2. With the missing Water Leak Alarm, if I trip the sensor, I find that "Sensor Binary Reserved 1" is tripping in it's place.

3. When I trip the sensor, I get in the log: "Alarm Sensor Report for type Water Leak Alarm received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found. (2)"

On my second device, which I have not removed/re-added, I still have the "Water Leak Alarm", this is the sub device that trips when the alarm is triggered, and I do not get the above error in my log.

My first guess is that perhaps something has changed in the z-wave plugin that needs to get fixed, but that's a guess.

Any ideas? Here's a couple of screenshots. Note that Flood Sensor 1 is the device I removed/readded.

Paul

Secondary question to the above bits - what exactly is the General Purpose Alarm for? Since either the Water Leak Alarm or the Binary Reserved 1 seems to actually be the Water trigger, I don't know what the General Purpose Alarm does, nor why it is always in Alarm state.....

Comment

Just a quick bump on this. Anyone?

Comment

What version of the plug-in are you using? Some of the later release versions had issues adding child nodes. I would upgrade to the latest Beta -- .94 I think -- which corrected that issue for me.

As to the general purpose alarm, I don't have this particular water sensor, but I had a bunch of another brand (the name of which escapes me), and it created a couple of child nodes like this that were either not supported by HomeSeer, or were irrelevant to the device (I'm guessing that the manufacturer used a general purpose chipset that wasn't really applicable to the type of device).

Comment

I was on .92. Just upgraded to .94, and look at that, I have my Water Leak Alarm back. Now hopefully we'll get the battery level actually updating....

Paul

Comment

I'm not sure why they're not pushing .94 more for this reason. Tends to fix all child adding issues.

Battery status . . . I have a Fibaro door sensor, and it's been at 0% from day one. I sorta gave up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
              Battery status . . . I have a Fibaro door sensor, and it's been at 0% from day one. I sorta gave up on that.
              So, this morning I just happened to notice that the battery status on my Fibaro updated. W00t! Maybe .94 fixed that as well....

Paul

Comment

To clarify - I'm wondering if you want to remove-readd (or at least delete and rescan) to ensure HS properly configures it....

Comment

Just posting a quick update here for those who may find this thread later.

RE: battery status updates. I've discovered that the default configuration behaviour for the sensors are incorrect. When you add the sensor, it sets the Battery Status child device to Poll every 12h, and sets the Root device for the sensor to not poll at all.

I've found that polling the Battery Status device does not work, and the status does not update. However, if you change the Root device for the sensor to poll every 12h, the Battery Status DOES update, and I'm getting twice daily updates now on the state of the battery in my sensors.

Much happier....

Paul

Comment

Fibaro flood sensor gen 5

Paul,

Are you running the new fibaro flood sensor gen5 with z-wave plus? I can add it to homeseer, but then things started going wrong. I lost associations for two of my cooper 5-scene controllers, various other z-wave plus devices (linear garage controller, aeon labs doorbell, cooper 9540ds switch) lost their association, and the fibaro flood sensor only reported for a short time before homeseer stopped seeing updates. Also, when water was detected, the water leak alarm device never went off, but the notification changed to "water leak detected unknown location." The tamper alarm worked when removing the cover, however, when moving the sensor, it also set off the tamper alarm rather than the vibration sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                      Are you running the new fibaro flood sensor gen5 with z-wave plus?
                      Yes I believe that's the one. It's model FGFS-101.

I haven't seen behaviour like that at all. If adding the device is causing those issues, I'd be questioning if your device is ok. I also have a Linear garage door opener and other devices and have had experienced what you're seeing.

regards,

Paul

Comment

Here's what I have after adding the new flood sensor.

The only devices reporting back are:

Battery - after several hours which is normal
                        Home Security - only shows Tampering Cover removed for the motion alarm
                        Temperature
                        Water Notification - shows Water Leak Detected Unknown Location

The general purpose alarm, application status, and water leak alarm never shows anything. I would think that the water leak alarm would show in alarm whenever there was water detected.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Chewbucka; November 15, 2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I just got the Fibaro FGFS-101 ZW5 sensor (the newer Z-Wave Plus version that they have). I got the same behavior as slbuck described above. The only difference is that I don't have a battery child device because I included the sensor while it was wired with power. I've observed similar behavior as slbuck in terms of some child devices never having any useful status to report.

Why does HomeSeer configure some of the child devices to be polled every 20 minutes? Status updates should be sent automatically, so seems that polling should be off by default.

What I find really annoying about this device, and not sure if it's HomeSeer or this device is: if the device "Water Notification" or "Home Security" devices are polled, their status shows up as "Unknown" in HomeSeer.

The HomeSeer log says that their status is "0", but the status in the HOmeSeer device page and HS3Touch say "Unknown". The Status page maps 0 to "No Event" and 254 to Unknown. So, I don't know why, even though the poll log says status "0", the GUI shows up as "Unknown".

Yeah, I know I can turn off the automatic polling. But what if I wanted to poll the devices manually? I don't want their status to show up as Unknown.

Any advice? Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: The poll logging is as follows (notes that it says Status 0, but the GUI shows Unknown):

Polling...
                          6 @ Polling: Node 112 Z-Wave Fibaro Notification Sensor (Status is: 0)
                          5 @ Polling: Node 112 Z-Wave Application Status (Status isPlugin Reports Timeout Before Result)
                          4 @ Polling: Node 112 Z-Wave Water Notification (Status is: 0)
                          3 @ Polling: Node 112 Z-Wave Home Security (Status is: 0)
                          2 @ Polling: Node 112 Z-Wave General Purpose Alarm (Status isPlugin Reports Timeout Before Result)
                          1 @ Polling: Node 112 Z-Wave Water Leak Alarm (Status isPlugin Reports Timeout Before Result)
                          0 @ Polling: Node 112 Z-Wave Temperature (Status is: 70.358)
                          Done

After polling the devices, the Advanced tab of the Water Notification device shows: Status: "254 = Unknown", Value: "254 = "Unknown"", despite the HomeSeer log's polling saying Status is: 0.

Anyway, this really annoying, since there are times when I want to manually poll all devices (for example, I sometimes want to manually poll all devices if Homeseer was down for a while during maintenance).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent polling from changing status to Unknown? Or is some Homeseer bug fix needed?
                          Last edited by randman; November 10, 2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Workaround for polling change state to unknown

Okay, below describes the workaround that I did due to polling changing the state of the Water Notification device to "Unknown".

As described above, if the current state of the Water Notification device is 0 (No Event), and you poll the device (either manually, or via an automatic polling), the status that HomeSeer sets the device to is 254 (Unknown). This is obviously wrong behavior.

I did a test where the probes of the sensor were in water. The device changes to status 2 (Water Leak Detected Unknown Location). While the device was in this state (i.e. in water), I polled the device. Fortunately, polling the device while its probes were in water does NOT change the status to 254. The status remains 2, as desired. It's only if the device is not in water will polling incorrectly change the device from status 0 to status 254 (Unknown).

So, my workaround is to interpret status 254 the same as 0; i.e. treat 254 as no water problem.

In the Water Notification's Status Graphics page, I changed the text status of 254 from "Unknown" to "254" (or you can set it to another string indicating there is no problem). Then, I added a status graphic for value 254. I used the "ok.png" graphic for 254.

I also added a status graphic for value 2 to be water.gif, so the water.gif shows up when there is water. Finally, I changed the text of status 2 from "Water Leak Detected Unknown Location" to just "Wet". I changed the Status text of value 0 from "No Event" to "Dry", and assigned a status graphic for value 0 to be "ok.png".

Comment

I noticed the same thing when trying to get this device to work.

Reset Application Status - does not usually work (it worked once to reset the alrms, but not since)

The Leak Sensor Water Notification is the only alarm taht occurs with a water leak

The Home Security Motion sensor is activated with motion

The General Purpose and Water Leak Alarms never seem to get activated

The temperature seems to work OK

Is there a reason for the inconsistent behavior?

Comment

Working...
                              X