Something killed communication to the plugin - CASE CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something killed communication to the plugin - CASE CLOSED

This morning I updated HS to .374 and also PHLocation to .107 and now the plugin is unreachable to Backitude and EgiGeoZone. I'm going out on a limb and am assuming that it has something to do with the PHLocation update as it seems a lot has changed. When I try the url for either utility from a browser it times out. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?
    Last edited by S-F; October 11, 2017, 04:38 PM.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Originally posted by S-F View Post
    This morning I updated HS to .374 and also PHLocation to .107 and now the plugin is unreachable to Backitude and EgiGeoZone. I'm going out on a limb and am assuming that it has something to do with the PHLocation update as it seems a lot has changed. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?
    Make sure the built in server is enabled and running. When I installed .107 it disabled the built-in server in my installation. I had to enable and toggle it on. Here is a screenshot from the PHL config page.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1192657
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yeah.

I just saw that and corrected it moments ago. I literally got the login prompt in my browser when testing a url as my phone made it's ding alerting me to a reply to this thread.

Thanks for the heads up none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Yeah.

I just saw that and corrected it moments ago. I literally got the login prompt in my browser when testing a url as my phone made it's ding alerting me to a reply to this thread.

Thanks for the heads up none the less.
        The plug-in can now post through MyHS which makes the built-in webserver superfluous. I guess Paul is defaulting it to that behavior. For speed, I am leaving mine posting directly to my server. To be honest MyHS was pretty fast as well.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I am as well. If it ain't broke don't fix it. And I tend to avoid cloudy things whenever possible. Not that I don't trust the good folks at HST.

Comment

Strange. It should have defaulted to ON with the update. I'll check that out tomorrow.

I'm investigating another possible issue with EgiGeoZone when using the plug-in's built in http server. I made quite a lot of changes with the EGI stuff in the last update and I think I may have broken something. That will also have to wait until tomorrow because it's past my bed time....

Paul..

Comment

You will find with version .107 and .108 that EgiGeoZone fence change events will fail when used with the plug-in's built in server but will work over MyHS.

I had to make a lot of changes to support MyHS and I missed something in the process.

I've fixed the Egi issue and also the fact that the http server is off by default following a plug-in update. I'll get an update out tomorrow AM.

Paul..

Comment

I've uploaded .109 which fixes the EgiGeoZone issue.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                X