Login Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Failed

When I first set it up it was working but not all the time. Now it doesn't work at all. I turned on debug and I keep getting this in the log. I haven't change my login information and I checked and the hub's IP address hasn't changed. Also why does the log say it can't connect yet shows the correct status of the activity that is currently on?

HTML Code:
    Oct-23 10:18:43 AM       Harmony Hub   Plugin: Harmony Hub Update Activity reference/status is : 824----Hub1=2   
    Oct-23 10:18:43 AM       Harmony Hub   Plugin: Harmony Hub reference/status is : 824--Watch TV--Active--2   
    Oct-23 10:18:43 AM       Harmony Hub  Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: HARMONY COMMUNICATION LOGIN    : FAILURE ERROR : connectToHarmony : Unable to connect to specified IP Address on specified Port -

On what platform are you running ?

It seems a firewall or router problem.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Windows 8.

Comment

You get this error when the hub can't be reached on this IP/poort
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

So any idea how to fix it?

Comment

I disabled the firewall on the HS machine and still getting the same messages.

Comment

Just to be sure, can you ping the hub from the HS server?
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I pinged the hub and below here are the results. Also I noticed that the when I open the harmony Iphone app it says connecting to the hub for a few seconds then the message disappears as if it has connected. However most of the time my devices don't respond to commands. I have searched online and haven't found a fix for the Harmony app. Seems like it might be connection issue and probably the same reason your plugin doesn't connect. If you have any suggestions to what I can try I'd like to hear them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Updated my Iphone to IOS 11 and the harmony app has been working flawlessly for the pass 2 days. If the iphone is able to connect to the hub any reason why HS can't? I have 2 weeks left on the trial and would really like to buy the plugin but if I can't get it to work there is no use.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                    I pinged the hub and below here are the results. Also I noticed that the when I open the harmony Iphone app it says connecting to the hub for a few seconds then the message disappears as if it has connected. However most of the time my devices don't respond to commands. I have searched online and haven't found a fix for the Harmony app. Seems like it might be connection issue and probably the same reason your plugin doesn't connect. If you have any suggestions to what I can try I'd like to hear them.
                    But what I see from the screenshot you're hub is not reachable, so the plugin can't reach him either.

There must be a network or firewall issue on your HS host
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I turned off the firewall on my HS machine and on my router. IS there something else that could be blocking it.

Comment

It can be many things.

Your ip configuration for instance. Default gateway ? etc....

Check if you can ping the hub from another pc en search for the differences.
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Pinged from 3 different PC with the same results. 2 on windows 8 and one on windows 10. Ping from Ipad seems to work every-time as does the app. Iphone ping only work sometimes but yet app always works. I can ping with no response try the app and it works. Immediately ping again and no response. Try again later and ping gets response.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                            Pinged from 3 different PC with the same results. 2 on windows 8 and one on windows 10. Ping from Ipad seems to work every-time as does the app. Iphone ping only work sometimes but yet app always works. I can ping with no response try the app and it works. Immediately ping again and no response. Try again later and ping gets response.
                            There is something wrong with your network settings, please check your dhcp server (maybe you have 2) and the difference between the network settings of those who can ping and those who cannnot
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to networking. Maybe that's my problem . I assume if I have 2 dhcp servers this is something that would have to have been setup and obviously I didn't set it up. I have been searching the web for the past week to see if I could find what could possibly block the hub but have not found anything. I have check the router settings as far as my abilities could and have not found anything. Only difference I was able to find between the devices that can ping and those that can't are IOS and windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X