Chromecast Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromecast Groups

+1 to groups being a really nice to have feature, esp with the cheaper Home Minis out now. I filled each room in the house with one

Grouping them together syncs the audio. Would make household announcements sound waaay better.

Currently same for me for detection to the other poster; plugin detects the group like a Chromecast device. However, sound only comes out of the first device listed in the group.

Using v3.0.0.5 on Linux
    Last edited by SkipperNick; October 24, 2017, 01:25 AM. Reason: adding plugin version

Please test 3.0.0.6, I think the groups should be working now.

Comment

@Spud,

is there a way to manually add a group in the ini file? I tried adding it and using my main home's IP, but that doesn't seem to work. In the manual it appears the ID is different for the group. Could it be you are pulling an ID from somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        @Spud,

is there a way to manually add a group in the ini file? I tried adding it and using my main home's IP, but that doesn't seem to work. In the manual it appears the ID is different for the group. Could it be you are pulling an ID from somewhere?
        So I installed bonjour and coupled with some GoogleFu, I see that the Groups have a different point. My guess is there is no easy way to get this without bonjour for now. I wish windows would build in zeroconf already

Comment

Working...
        X