Need help adding fence on known location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help adding fence on known location

Needing some help in how to add a fence on a certain location on Egigeozone .
    I know how to add it to the phone app, but can't remember what you do in the HS side.

Does it add the device on its own? Or you have to creat it?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Needing some help in how to add a fence on a certain location on Egigeozone .
    I know how to add it to the phone app, but can't remember what you do in the HS side.

Does it add the device on its own? Or you have to creat it?
    Once you have added, configured and verified communication is working for an EgiGeoZone user within the plug-in, new fences will be added automatically as child devices the first time they are heard.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      Once you have added, configured and verified communication is working for an EgiGeoZone user within the plug-in, new fences will be added automatically as child devices the first time they are heard.

Paul..
      Thank you Paul. One more question. How can I verify if the ID number that the cell issue to identify itself is correct? In other word, how do I reissue the number to check it?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Thank you Paul. One more question. How can I verify if the ID number that the cell issue to identify itself is correct? In other word, how do I reissue the number to check it?
        Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question...

Once you have added geofence(s) in EgiGeoZone all the detection stuff is done within EgiGeoZone and the data that's sent to the plug-in looks something like:

[DeviceId];[FenceName];[EntryOrExit]

There is other data too but these are the important ones, so if you have added a geofence called "Home" and you enter that fence, then a transmission from Egi to the plug-in might look like:
        [XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX];[Home];[1]

I don't know how the DeviceID is generated but it should be unique for each device / Egi app combination. It is the DeviceID that you enter on the PHL tab of your root user device and this is what the plug-in uses to identify which user a fence transition should be applied.

If you want to see exactly what the Egi app sends to the plug-in, then set debug level to 2 on the general config page then open the relevant server profile in Egi and hit the test (glasses) button.
        Within a couple of seconds you should see some entries in the HS3 log one of which will be the raw data received.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
        X