Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer Detected as Switch by Cooper Wall Controller

Hey there,
    I have installed a bunch of these new HS switches and dimmers. In a couple of places, I found myself needing to associate them with the individual buttons on my Cooper Aspire five-button wall controllers. That means, I need the button to be associated with the HS dimmer set a a specified dim level. One problem. Despite the dimmer being absolutely correctly identified in HomeSeer and working very nicely from there, the Cooper Aspire wall controller sees it as a switch. That means, when I program a scene in each individual button, adding the HS dimmer to that scene only gives me the ON and OFF settings. That is it. i can not set a dim setting. If i try to add any other z-wave dimmer i have (Cooper, Leviton, GE), then it is seen correctly and I get the drop-down of a preset dim level to choose. Definitely sems like an HS firmware / software issue...

HS3 and all plugins are the latest available. Any suggestions?

I see what you mean, when trying to add one of my HS-WD100's using the settings section of the zwave page on the individual button of my cooper 5 button controller I only get on/off.

Try adding homeseer as the device to control instead; then create an event to set the HS-WD100 to the correct dim level when the scene is turned on. You'd also probably need an event to turn the load off when the scene is off. Obviously this requires homeseer to be up for the button to work as expected. There is a homeseer video on how to do this. I suspect you lose the ability to dim the load up/down from the 5 button controller with this method but I've not played around with it.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
      I see what you mean, when trying to add one of my HS-WD100's using the settings section of the zwave page on the individual button of my cooper 5 button controller I only get on/off.

Try adding homeseer as the device to control instead; then create an event to set the HS-WD100 to the correct dim level when the scene is turned on. You'd also probably need an event to turn the load off when the scene is off. Obviously this requires homeseer to be up for the button to work as expected. There is a homeseer video on how to do this. I suspect you lose the ability to dim the load up/down from the 5 button controller with this method but I've not played around with it.
      I understand. It just makes no sense. Every other dimmer on the market that I have - like four other brands - behave as expected. I feel like HS dimmer is a beta testing project...

Comment

Sorry for digging this up again. Did you manage to get this working? Also, which Leviton dimmer(s) did you use the Cooper keypad with?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by soarer View Post
          Sorry for digging this up again. Did you manage to get this working? Also, which Leviton dimmer(s) did you use the Cooper keypad with?

Thanks
          I did not use Leviton dimmers. I used to use those in the past and they work flawlessly. As a matter of fact, if you are not seeking Z-Wave Plus support and don't mind the design of Leviton dimmer dim button (thin and cutting into fingers to push), they are the best dimmers out there. Cooper used to make gorgeous dimmers. I have a bunch of them. But they are permanently done with their z-wave line, so makes little sense to buy them.

The issue I was having -- and still am -- is with HomeSeer dimmers. HS3 sees them as a dimmer, but Cooper keypad sees them only as a switch. Go figure. Each time I try HS hardware, I get burned. You'd think I'd learn my lesson...

Comment

Working...
          X