Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evaluating BLRadar and have a few questions

Hi

Been trying the plugin out and it seems to at least simplify my workflow (replacing a load of timer based events etc), but I have a few questions as I am probably missing some "power features" due to lack of experience on Homeseer (only recently defected from Vera).

1) Is it more, less or equally efficient using BLRadar with Active Zones for each room vs timers / delayed triggers? I imagine under the covers its the same thing, but just wondering if there is any tradeoff either way
    2) I have seen a lot of mention of the user defined motion code and how powerful they are, but as someone who doesnt really do much coding, could people maybe just lay down a few use cases where these are helpful?
    3) I dont quite understand the purpose for sensor recovery time. Could you advise on where this is useful?

Thanks

I can't answer any of your questions at all in any way whatsoever. But! I can tell you that Blade is on vacation and probably won't see this for a few weeks,
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by borat View Post
      Hi

1) Is it more, less or equally efficient using BLRadar with Active Zones for each room vs timers / delayed triggers? I imagine under the covers its the same thing, but just wondering if there is any tradeoff either way
      2) I have seen a lot of mention of the user defined motion code and how powerful they are, but as someone who doesnt really do much coding, could people maybe just lay down a few use cases where these are helpful?
      3) I dont quite understand the purpose for sensor recovery time. Could you advise on where this is useful?

Thanks
      I think I can answer 2 of the 3.
      1) Active Zones: They are different from timers/delayed triggers. Active Zones combine several sensors, so that any one of the included sensors can trigger the zone to motion and then trigger an event. For example, my living room has several sensors in a living room active zone. When any motion sensor detects motion, the active zone turns on and triggers an event to turn lights on in the living room.
      2) I can't answer this one.
      3) Sensor recovery time: sometimes the receiver misses the off signal from a sensor. If you set BLRadar to a recovery time of x minutes for the specific sensor, then the software will set the device to no motion after x minutes, if it never received that off transmission.
      Hope this helps.
      Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

UDMC allows you to do whatever you want using scripting. Here is an example of ON motion code to turn on the powder room light and set a delayed event to turn off the powder room light in 3 minutes

Code:
        	blradar.PluginFunction("NewDelayedEventForNoEcho", new Object(){"Powder Room Control", "Powder Room Light:off", 3, ""})
        	if hs.IsOffByName("Powder Room Light") Then
        		blradar.PluginFunction("ControlDevice", new Object(){"Powder Room Light", "on", 0})
        	end if
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks for that. I still dont quite get why I would need the scripting, but I probably dont need to as long as I can get events working ok. On that topic, I have set up an event using the "BLRadar Sensor Change" trigger against an active zone. For some reason though the event does not fire when the active zone goes on / off. Any ideas why this might be? I am assuming this should be possible?

Thanks

Comment

You could use events to do it as well
            Some people like to use scripting
            Scripting will give you a little more power but it depends on what you are trying to do
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Comment

Current Date/Time: 12/15/2017 7:11:04 AM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
                System Uptime: 3 Days 16 Hours 48 Minutes 27 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.1.155
                Number of Devices: 18
                Number of Events: 7
                Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.131.0: BLRadar
                3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

------------------------------

Hi Blade, sorry to co-opt someone else's thread, but I have a similar question. I was having issues w/my Z-Wave network, so I wanted to DELETE my network and start over. I decided to do the same with BLRadar (which was never used, only installed).

I have two leftover devices that stayed after uninstalling the Plug-in. I wasn't sure if I needed to delete them from the Plug-in, so I reinstalled the Plug-in, but I am still unable to find anywhere within the Plug-in from which these items/devices can be deleted (Last Echo and Sensor Failure Count) - see attachment.

What's the correct way to delete these 2 remaining items so that I can start over again once I get my Z-wave network working?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NetworkGuy; December 16, 2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

If you have already uninstalled the plug-in and files then just click on the name "Last Echo" and delete it and then do the same for "Sensor Failure Count".

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
                    If you have already uninstalled the plug-in and files then just click on the name "Last Echo" and delete it and then do the same for "Sensor Failure Count".

Jeff
                    Thanks Jeff - I wasn't sure if that might cause problems when I reinstall BLRadar. Appreciate your response!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X