Jon00 Harmony Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    Sorry, but what is the key difference between this and the other harmony plugin?
    I have not downloaded or used the other plugin, however I believe the differences are (mine/other):

a) Minimum activity poll time refresh is 5 seconds rather than a minute.
    b) Both use different 3rd Party interfaces to connect to the Hub
    c) Supports 10 hubs rather than 5?
    d) Windows only vs Windows/Linux

I will have to leave it up to others who have used both to make comment on their operation.
    Jon

Comment

I am still having a few issues with lockups of the shield. Yesterday I pressed the directional buttons 3 or 4 times, quite slowly, maybe once a second, then the shield became unresponsive, then just went into a fit again and locked up with the menu swirling round. All i managed to do is reboot the shield to stop it. I am not sure increasing the DevicePollTimer would have stopped it. Nevertheless, I will increase it to 500 and see how it goes.

Comment

CPU impact?

Had a quick look at this and it pegged my cpu instantly at 100% anybody else noticed a large impact on cpu usage? if not i shall compile some logs for you if that would help for debugging?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
          Had a quick look at this and it pegged my cpu instantly at 100% anybody else noticed a large impact on cpu usage? if not i shall compile some logs for you if that would help for debugging?

Many thanks
          I'm not seeing that on my system (Windows Server 2012r2 Essentials with an i7-6700k and 16GB ram). It actually uses very little CPU on my system (I have it set to poll 1 hub every 5 seconds).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            I'm not seeing that on my system (Windows Server 2012r2 Essentials with an i7-6700k and 16GB ram). It actually uses very little CPU on my system (I have it set to poll 1 hub every 5 seconds).
            I7 6700k that's one hell of an automation server lol ;-) no wonder your cpu laughs at it!

Comment

Many thanks
              There is nothing I can debug. Mine is currently showing 0.1 to 0.2 CPU%

What PC hardware are you running and what CPU is Homeseer taking?
              Jon

Comment

Running it on a nas synology ds916+ in virtualization, windows 7, 4 core + 4gb ram idle is approx 2-5%

Will try again tomorrow maybe I've overlooked something silly...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I7 6700k that's one hell of an automation server lol ;-) no wonder your cpu laughs at it!
                  It also doubles as my Plex server so I need the power for transcoding for the house and my family outside the house :-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Many thanks
                    My system still hovers between 20-25% with the .exe running. The .exe usually runs between 0 and 0.2%. 5 second polling with 3 hubs.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks guys gives me something to work with much appreciated

Comment

Jon,

It's working great with my Ultimate Home. Should I get a status string on the Activities virtual device? My setup always just shows a -

For example, If my Activities device is on SONOS then the advanced tab shows:

Status 5=DIM
                        Value 5="SONOS"
                        String -

While the other devices will show the last control that occurred ("Volume Up", etc.) in the status string. The reason I ask is that it would be good to be able to see the status string on HS Touch.

Thanks.

Comment

Let me take a look at this over the weekend.
                          Jon

Comment

Found this issue. The activity virtual device got included with the devices virtual device when setting the initial dash as the string.

Try V1.0.3 on my site. You will need to delete the activity device and allow the application to rebuild.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              Found this issue. The activity virtual device got included with the devices virtual device when setting the initial dash as the string.

Try V1.0.3 on my site. You will need to delete the activity device and allow the application to rebuild.

Works great. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two Harmony remotes - one is a Harmony Ultimate and one is a Harmony Ultimate Home. They look identical but the Harmony Ultimate is a little older than the Ultimate Home.

Everything works great on the HS3 end when I run this plugin. However, I always seem to lose connection between the Harmony Ultimate hub and the remote itself after about a 1/2 hour or less. I also lose connection between that hub and the Harmony app on my iPhone. I don't see this at all on the newer Harmony Ultimate Home. It's as if the server that is running with this plug-in just completely takes ownership of the Harmony Ultimate hub and nothing else can communicate to it.

I've spent a few days experimenting to make sure that this is being caused by running this plugin and it definitely seems to be. Here are the symptoms:
                                • Everything works as normal without running the plugin
                                • When I run the plug-in, the Harmony Ultimate remote will become unresponsive within a 1/2 hour or so.
                                • Once this occurs, I can still control the Hub with HS3 via the plug-in but the handheld remote will report "Unable to reach hub. Bring your remote closer to your hub" when I try to do anything with it.
                                • The Harmony app on my iPhone also become unresponsive. When I try to use the app to do anything it pauses for a long time and then finally just acts like it accepted the command (it does not report that it can't communicate like the remote does) but it also doesn't seem to be able to control anything.
                                • Restarting the handheld remote doesn't change anything.
                                • The only way to fix it seems to be to cycle power on the hub. Although after a 1/2 hour or so, the remote will become unresponsive again unless I turn off the plugin or at least stop it from communication with the Harmony Ultimate.
                                • I have increased the poll rate up to 5-1/2 minutes thinking that maybe the Harmony Ultimate couldn't handle requests coming in too frequently but that hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas? Is it possible that there's just some incompatibility between the older Harmony Ultimate and the Harmony server that the plug-in is using?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X