This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate link entries in switch link table

I noticed that several of my switches have duplicate link entries in the link tables. Anyway of removing these duplicates automatically?

The plug-in won't delete anything automatically - it's far too risky to make assumptions. Deleting them manually is very easy though using the delete link function of the plug-in.

Jon

Originally posted by astarink View Post
    I noticed that several of my switches have duplicate link entries in the link tables. Anyway of removing these duplicates automatically?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Is there a reason to remove the duplicate links, other than for the sake of being clean and correct?

For example, I've got a couple switches that have duplicate entries for local load reporting to HomeSeer. Does it hurt to leave them in place?

--Matt

Comment

You might save a bit on the group clean-up traffic if you remove duplicate links. You for sure want to remove dead links. Jon
        Originally posted by MattPond View Post
        Is there a reason to remove the duplicate links, other than for the sake of being clean and correct?

For example, I've got a couple switches that have duplicate entries for local load reporting to HomeSeer. Does it hurt to leave them in place?

--Matt
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X