Installation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation problem

I downloaded the 3.0.0.6 version from the plugins page in homeseer 3.0.0.31 and have trouble installing it...

When the instalation runs, I get a command promt window with the following error:

Unhandler Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(Int32). at hspi_VWS.Main.Main()

and windows pops up with the standard "the program has stopped working" box...

I still have HS PRO 2 on the same machine, but that could not be the reason, could it? (Still just started with HS3 PRO, so just want to make sure everything is working propperly befor i get rid of al the old HS2 stuff)

Also HS3PRO pc is running Win7 32 bit. Tried to run the .exe file in compability mode and as admin, but still same error.

Any idea what is wrong?

Also get this when i start HS3PRO:

06.10.2013 21:13:32 ~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) hspi_VWS.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE hspi_VWS.exe: Method not found: 'System.String HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(Int32)'.

Comment

This is a HS3 only plug-in after 3.0....

I will check on the HS3 issue, could be that it requires 64 bit ????
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Any news on this?

Just tried again on HS 3.0.0.38, and I have the same issue...

Any way to install the plugin "manualy" or something? Or does the .exe file that fails during install also run when the plugin is installed, and will therfore cause the same error after instalation?

Comment

I have not tested the plug-in on a 32bit system yet. Right now it works fine on Windows 7 64bit machine. I will have to fine another machine with 32 bit OS to test. So right at the moment I can say it works well on HS3 running on a 64bit Windows7 Machine.

Just got another idea...I will re-compile using 32bit output and you could then test for me?
          -Larry

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I'll be glad to help in any way. Just post the file and any instructions, and I'll test and report back

Comment

I can confirm that the plug-in does NOT load on a 32 bit OS. If you set the compile to x86, then it will run on both 32 and 64 bit operating systems. If you set it to Any, then I have yet to see that option work on a Windows system.

I am not switching over to a newer 64 bit system until I can migrate completely over to HS3, so right now I am running HS3 on my HS2 system which is 32 bit.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Same issue - Win 8.1 32 bit

I'm seeing the same VWS installation issue on a 32-bit Win 8.1 PC running HS3. I'm not having the issue on the same PC running HS2.

Comment

Okay I will recompile as x86 app.
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                  X