Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know it is ready for more testing! Thanks for supporting us iPhone users!

Reading on Btraced site and looking at configuration it looks like it does stay running and tracking all the time. Although it is ambiguous enough that I am not positive.

One problem is it seems I need to expose HS3 port 80 to the internet for this to work--something I am not that keen to do. I guess I could change it, but it is still not https.

Based on your input the customer server url in the btraced app would be:

http://fqdnOFhs3/PH_Btraced.aspx

Does this seem correct?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      I don't have Btraced but I understand that the only configuration required on the app is the URL to PH_Btraced.aspx and any necessary authentication for the Homeseer web server.

Paul..
      Just testing on local subnet. What is the Btraced ID that is entered in the plugin? I do not see how to find it on the app. I see the server URL, and then basic auth which I setup with the credentials of a HS3 "normal" user. Then I see "Btraced User Login" which I assume is used to upload to Btraced server.

Nowhere do I see a Btraced ID.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

I used bTraced for a while, and do intend to come back to it when some modifications have been made. Whilst bTraced does allow tracking, and push to the HS Server the issue I had with it was that it is very 'trip' centric, and the main idea behind the app seems to be to log your trips rather than to provide 24 x 7 logging. The issue with this is that if the trip gets turned off so too does the tracking feature of the app.

I did make the suggestion that perhaps they should consider a 'tripless' app version, or the ability to turn on / off the trips feature but until this happened i found my phone would finish a trip (randomly and unexpectedly) and then my HS system would not know where I am, and the other features around the system (e.g. location based occupancy) would break. As you can understand this had a significant hit on the WAF factor.

I am still commited to bTraced for the iPhone and do look forward to when I can come back and use it again with the tripless feature. Your other option is Followmee however this relies on someone elses server which may or may not appeal to you.
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Just testing on local subnet. What is the Btraced ID that is entered in the plugin? I do not see how to find it on the app. I see the server URL, and then basic auth which I setup with the credentials of a HS3 "normal" user. Then I see "Btraced User Login" which I assume is used to upload to Btraced server.

Nowhere do I see a Btraced ID.
          Attempt an upload from the Btraced app, then have a look in the HS3 log. You should see an error message saying that there is no corresponding device in PHL. This message should contain the Btraced ID. Enter this in the user device and retry the upload.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            Attempt an upload from the Btraced app, then have a look in the HS3 log. You should see an error message saying that there is no corresponding device in PHL. This message should contain the Btraced ID. Enter this in the user device and retry the upload.

Paul..
            When I try to do this this is the error I get in the log:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
              When I try to do this this is the error I get in the log:
              I have not done any testing myself with BTraced but if you want to send me an email to paul dot huddlestone at gmail dot com I will work through the issue with you.

Paul..

Comment

Ok, so I attempted to get this setup today using Btraced, on my mobile device I get an error "No Corresponding PHL user device for this device ID" but I am not seeing any error messages in the HS log to tell me what the user ID should be. Here is what I am seeing for log.

Dec-23 2:59:59 PM PHLocation UPD Timer elapsed
                Dec-23 2:54:59 PM PHLocation UPD Timer elapsed
                Dec-23 2:54:35 PM PHLocation (CreateUsersList) Finished. 0 users added.
                Dec-23 2:54:35 PM PHLocation (CreateUsersList) Called.
                Dec-23 2:54:35 PM PHLocation (CreatePlacesList) Finished. 0 places added.
                Dec-23 2:54:34 PM PHLocation (CreatePlacesList) Called.
                Dec-23 2:54:34 PM PHLocation (CreatePollList) CreateDeviceLists finished. 0 FM devices added. 0 BT devices added.
                Dec-23 2:54:34 PM PHLocation (CreatePollList) No FM devices added to poll list. Don't do polling.
                Dec-23 2:54:34 PM PHLocation (CreatePollList) Called.

Need a little help

Thanks Ken
                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Well that is strange.

The message you quote "No Corresponding PHL user device for this device ID" received by the Btraced app is generated by the plug-in and sent back to Btraced via the aspx page so this tells me that the data is getting as far as the plug-in.

When this message is generated the plug-in should also generate a red error entry in the HS log showing the passed Btraced device ID regardless of the plug-in's debug level.

You don't by any chance have a filter set on the HS log that could be preventing the display of this message do you?

Paul..

Comment

Nope no filters set,

But I an not seeing the error at all but still getting the message from the plugin on the mobile device, I set the logging to level 2 not sure if that matters but I thought I'd give it a try

Cheers Ken
                    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Is there any other way to fine the Btraced device Id?

Cheers Ken

Comment

I don't have Btraced and relied on a friend to do all the testing for me on that service so I'm not sure if the ID is available within the app.

What is concerning me more is the fact that the entry I expected is not being written to the log.

If you send me an email to paul dot huddlestone at gmail dot com then I will be happy to investigate this further for you.

Paul..

Comment

Awesome App!
                          Awesome Documentation!

Been looking for something like this for awhile.

Anyone have any feedback on the battery impact of FollowMee?
                          Anyone have advice on how to make sure FollowMee starts whenever you reboot your phone?

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

I use the plugin with followmee in 4 iphones. 1 minute Update and No problems with battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Best,
                            Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Paul,

I like your plugin a lot! Using it now with Followmee.

I have noticed then when I use the Update now button (root device) the text in the root device is not anymore updated, nor the other grouped devices. The distance and near.not near devices are still updated.

I can solve this by deleting the root devices and re-add the phone again. From that point the update are shown again....

Regards,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

I have made quite a lot of changes to the plug-in recently so maybe I broke something.

I have also seen some strange behavior here relating to root devices (not just in my plug-ins) so I will do some testing here with FollowMee and see if I can reproduce the problem.

What version of the plug-in are you running ?

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X