This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bob,

Any new updates or functionality coming out soon?

Thanks,
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by rizast
      Im sure you're still working on it but it if I choose "IF AN ISY DEVICE HAPPENS" and I choose something, it goes back to (choose another)
      Yeah, I was experimenting with triggers but none of that is working yet. HS3 allows for better descriptions of the devices so the standard device triggers should work for most of the devices. There should be very few ISY specific triggers and those will be for things that aren't tied to a device. The Weatherbug module values would have been a good example, but I just changed that so that each weather value is now a HS device.

The weather info also provides a good example of how HS standard triggers work with a somewhat non-standard device. Wind direction is now a HS device. It has values of N/S/E/W (and intermediate like NNW). You can create a standard device trigger like "when wind direction becomes N" do something.

I don't need to create an ISY specific trigger to do this.

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
      Hello Bob,
      Any new updates or functionality coming out soon?
      Thanks,
      What new functionality are you looking for, specifically?

I've been putting a lot of effort into the debug/logging facilities. You can now turn on debug messages on a function by function basis. Most functions allow tracing so that code flow can be traced. I even added some function profiling so that I can see what functions are taking the most time or are being called the most. How much of the tracing/profiling will make it into the final release I'm not sure, but for beta/testing it will really help track down issues.

I also added an internal log so all log messages can be routed to either the HomeSeer Log, the Plug-in's Log, or the console (which stays visible when you put HS in plug-in development mode).

Currently, I'm working on improving the internal representation of devices. Getting the weatherbug module to split into multiple HS devices was the first step in that.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob-

Installed this earlier in the week, went smooth, thanks HS3 is now useful to me! Looks like everything is working with exception of what is already discussed.

The only thing I've noticed, other than what has been discussed, is that if I delete a device or program folder on the ISY, those items still remain within HS3 - even after HS3 shutdown and restart - they need manual deletion within HS3. Don't know if that's a HS3 issue or plugin issue.

What's your plan on plugin availability after this expires Jan 10th?

Nice job

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by dhank View Post
          Bob-

The only thing I've noticed, other than what has been discussed, is that if I delete a device or program folder on the ISY, those items still remain within HS3 - even after HS3 shutdown and restart - they need manual deletion within HS3. Don't know if that's a HS3 issue or plugin issue.
          That behavior is mostly by design. There should be a log message that says the devices may have to be removed. But that message may be currently going to the debug console. The reason I don't have the plug-in automatically remove devices is because I've seen cases where the connection with the ISY fails and the plug-in doesn't get the list of devices from the ISY and then all devices get deleted on HomeSeer.

I think I can detect when something is deleted on the ISY and in that case, it could delete the HomeSeer device. I'm just paranoid about having the plug-in delete devices from HomeSeer.

What's your plan on plugin availability after this expires Jan 10th?
          There's be another release shortly that will have a later expiration date. Eventually, I'll submit it to the HomeSeer store and it will be available there.

Nice job
          Thanks!
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob,

I understand what you're saying on auto-delete of devices, perhaps a way to handle it is a 'confirmation' page where the user OKs the delete. For me this is a 'nice to have' - it was a few devices/folders I was cleaning up on the ISY and happened to see on the HS3 device list after. But if the deleted list was long it would have been a pain to remember which ones I deleted and then go find and manually delete.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by dhank View Post
              Bob,

I understand what you're saying on auto-delete of devices, perhaps a way to handle it is a 'confirmation' page where the user OKs the delete. For me this is a 'nice to have' - it was a few devices/folders I was cleaning up on the ISY and happened to see on the HS3 device list after. But if the deleted list was long it would have been a pain to remember which ones I deleted and then go find and manually delete.

Dale
              The confirmation page is a good idea. I've put it on my list to both investigate why the ISY delete device doesn't seem to be working and the confirmation page idea.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I just uploaded version 3.0.0.1. See the first post in this thread for details and the download link.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Tried 3.0.0.1 on a new install od HSpro3.

At first the plugin fails as it is looking for the file to be HSPI_ISYInsteon_3_0_0_0.zip. So I went into updater_override.txt and changed it to be HSPI_ISYInsteon_3_0_0_1.zip, so it will install after that.

But now HS3 just crashes.
                  ~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: The type initializer for 'HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon' threw an exception.

Then the HS3 Program closes.

How do I uninstall it to try again?

-Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JB NY View Post
                    Tried 3.0.0.1 on a new install od HSpro3.

At first the plugin fails as it is looking for the file to be HSPI_ISYInsteon_3_0_0_0.zip. So I went into updater_override.txt and changed it to be HSPI_ISYInsteon_3_0_0_1.zip, so it will install after that.
                    Opps, I forgot about that. Thanks for pointing it out. I've uploaded an new updater_override.txt file with the name changed.

But now HS3 just crashes.
                    ~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: The type initializer for 'HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon' threw an exception.

Then the HS3 Program closes.

How do I uninstall it to try again?
                    That's not good. You can remove it by deleting the HSPI_ISYInsteon.dll file from the HomeSeer3 directory.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Is there a new version coming out? the current one 3.0.0.1 causes HS3 to shutdown immediately after it is installed, then it crashes and shuts down when trying to restart.

Comment

Is there a new version coming out? the current one 3.0.0.1 causes HS3 to shutdown immediately after it is installed, then it crashes and shuts down when trying to restart.
                        Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this so I don't know what needs to change. I'm working on it but I don't have any update yet.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Is there something I can do to help you debug it?

Comment

Is there something I can do to help you debug it?
                            I believe I found the problem. Try 3.0.0.2.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

That did it, seems to be working now. I'll get back to you with any issues. But it looks to have the same stuff that the HS2 plugin had. Looking forward to playing with it.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

I followed the instructions. Now on the plugin page once i click on update listings I see the ISY plugin listed but what do I do to instal it. There is no buttons. This is the first thing I'm doing on HS3 so might just not see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X