Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEM-AUTO?

Hello,

I am a new HS3 user. My home alarm uses a Gemini P3200 panel that was installed in the 90s. The panel doesn't seem to have the required update to talk with the HS3 Gemini plugin via the serial port.
    Does anybody have any ideas about how to go about getting that update?

Thanks,

Michail

I am working with rubbernecker who also has a P3200 panel and is having problems getting it to talk to homeseer via my plugin. At this point it is unclear if we'll get this to work or not as there are reports in 2004 that Napco stopped supporting automation with the P3200 panels. On the other hand, the Napco programming document (circa 2013) does claim support for the P3200.

I'm not a Napco dealer so I don't know if new EEPROM firmware for a P3200 panel can be ordered or not. If I can find out I'll let you know but it would probably be worth looking for a Napco dealer and asking them if you can get the HA automation EEPRO for a P3200 panel. I'm not sure if they would also call it GEM-AUTOMATION or not.
    Last edited by nfrobertson; June 2, 2014, 10:43 AM.
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

If you read my thread with rubbernecker, it seems that "newer" P3200 panels don't support the GEM-AUTOMATION. These are the panels with the hardware v20 and above - per other site forum posts.

It sounds like your P3200 panel may be old enough that it may support the GEM-AUTOMATION upgrade. What I don't know is if you can just order the GEM-AUTOMATION from a reseller like SpyTown.com? I've only ever seen one product called GEM-AUTOMATION offering the HA EEPROM, not separate products based on the panel version.
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X