Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All HS3 devices are unresponsive to Alexa - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All HS3 devices are unresponsive to Alexa - Solved!

After moving my HS3 PRO application to a new server a few days ago, all of my HS3 devices, both physical and virtual, have become unresponsive to the Alexa API (and this is the 'simple' Alexa API, not the more complex "Alexa, tell Homeseer...." version).

Does the Alexa HomeSeer skill use myHS in some fashion? One thing I have noticed is that trying to reach myhs.homeseer.com/Login from any system in my house is redirecting me to the wrong IP address (it's one that's within my home network, and it's one that my 'old' HS3 server was assigned as I copied stuff from the old server to a new one. The 'new' one has the IP address of the 'old' one, the 'old' HS3 server is powered off, and everything inside the house is happy.

When I try to connect to myhs.homeseer.com from OUTSIDE of my home network, I get a 'too many redirects' error.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on?

-M.

With any change in HS when it comes to Alexa I just delete all my devices and rediscover my devices either through the Alexa app or the Discover command with Alexa device itself. Usually solves problems like this.

Comment

Yeah, I did that -- didn't fix anything.

About five minutes ago, though, I realized I was a stupid-head.

When I said in my original post that I'd powered off my 'old' HS3 server, what I should have said was that I thought I'd powered it off. In fact, it was still running and it was the one connected to the MyHS service. After powering that system off (for real this time) and restarting HS3 on the new server, all is working again.

-M.

Comment

I got this as well:

SSL handshake failed
        HomeSeer
        Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.acdd18dd-f596-4544-8189-af2ecfc0e5d2
        The SSL handshake to endpoint Resource [https://myhs.homeseer.com/process_echo/], Type [HTTP], Region [EU] failed. Please check that your java keystore is correctly configured
        Seems Amazon can't see HS for some reason that I can't figure.

K.

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
          I got this as well:

Seems Amazon can't see HS for some reason that I can't figure.

K.
          Is HSTouch working for you through myHomeseer. Neither Alexa nor HSTouch through myHomseer are working for me at the moment. Maybe the server is down at the moment.

Comment

No, both seem down.

K.

Comment

Same here. I reported it in another post so let's see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X