Known places telling me error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Known places telling me error?

I just followed the instructions to get set up; everything worked great and I now have two Geofency devices configured and talking to my Homeseer instance through MyHS (woot!).

However, when I go to "known places" it says in red "There must be at least 1 position based user device configured before you can add a known place!".

After going through all the set up instructions, I have two geofency PHLocation users with their device IDs set properly and they've correctly imported some locations from the app.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
    I just followed the instructions to get set up; everything worked great and I now have two Geofency devices configured and talking to my Homeseer instance through MyHS (woot!).

However, when I go to "known places" it says in red "There must be at least 1 position based user device configured before you can add a known place!".

After going through all the set up instructions, I have two geofency PHLocation users with their device IDs set properly and they've correctly imported some locations from the app.

Did I miss a step somewhere?
    GeoFency is a geofencing solution, it does not report position. It only reports that you crossed into or out of a fence defined in your phone. For iOS devices native iCloud support can report position or you can use FollowMee, a paid subscription position service. We use iCloud and it is very reliable.

Known places are associated with a position based user, without one they cannot be setup. Once you setup an iCloud or FollowMee user, you can setup known places.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X