How to stop a event from activating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stop a event from activating

I am very new with Homeseer and Events. I came from using Vera for the last few years. I am stuck with something that might be very basic to most.

I have a mailbox sensor and a Hue bulb to control.
    1.I want to turn on a light if the mail is delivered.
    2. If one of us puts mail in the box we do not want the light to come on.
    3. I want the light to go off if the mail has been picked up.

So I set up three events to try to accomplish this.

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486669701

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486669752

This functions properly but when I check the Log the light bulb is being turned on every second until the mail is picked up and the light goes off.
    What can I do to fix this?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
    I am very new with Homeseer and Events. I came from using Vera for the last few years. I am stuck with something that might be very basic to most.

I have a mailbox sensor and a Hue bulb to control.
    1.I want to turn on a light if the mail is delivered.
    2. If one of us puts mail in the box we do not want the light to come on.
    3. I want the light to go off if the mail has been picked up.

So I set up three events to try to accomplish this.

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486669701

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486669752

This functions properly but when I check the Log the light bulb is being turned on every second until the mail is picked up and the light goes off.
    What can I do to fix this?
    Thanks
    Your second event will run once a second when the timer is greater than 16 seconds and when the counter is 1. Use the status of the light as a condition, such that it will only run when the light is off.

It would be:

IF 15 second's value is more than 16s
    AND IF Mail value becomes 1
    AND IF JowiHue JowiHue Table light is not equal to ON

You can also use
    AND IF JowiHue JowiHue Table light is equal to Off
    as the second condition. Whichever suits you.

Also note that the third event resets the counter when it is set to 2, so it can never get higher than 2, making your triggers at 3 and 4 unnecessary and ineffective. When the door is opened a second time the counter is reset to 0 and the light is turned off.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy thank for the reply

I did as you suggested and still get the same results.

I did change Mail is Picked Up to see if that would help the last event. What I am trying to accomplish is keeping the light from going on if we put mail in the box. Therefore we have to reopen and close the box after we put mail in to set the value to 2.

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486681847

Thanks
      Jeff
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
        Randy thank for the reply

I did as you suggested and still get the same results.

I did change Mail is Picked Up to see if that would help the last event. What I am trying to accomplish is keeping the light from going on if we put mail in the box. Therefore we have to reopen and close the box after we put mail in to set the value to 2.

Thanks
        Jeff
        You will get the same results because you didn't fix the second event. Your condition "AND IF JowiHue JowiHue Table light has been Off for at least 0s" only applies to the trigger when the counter is at 3, not when it is at 1. It would need to be moved up to the group with the counter being at 1 as the trigger. Then delete the trigger with the counter being 3. Further your last event will trigger when the counter reaches 2 and reset the counter. It cannot ever reach 4 so the second trigger and the condition that the light be on is never evaluated. You should delete that condition and the counter becoming 4 trigger. The condition of the light being On would prevent the counter or timer from being reset unless the light was On. You would want the timer and counter to reset when the counter reaches 2, regardless of whether the light is on or not. The trigger will only fire once when the counter is set ti 2, so there is no need for conditions to keep it from re-triggering.

Also your condition "AND IF JowiHue JowiHue Table light has been Off for at least 0s" is functionally identical to "AND IF JowiHue JowiHue Table light is equal to Off", which is the more common way of structuring it.

Conditions only apply to the trigger directly above them. When there are multiple triggers, conditions must be set individually for each trigger, they are not applied globally to the event.

You might want to look at this thread for better understanding.
        Last edited by randy; February 9, 2017, 08:37 PM.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy

Thanks for the info. I will dig into this more tomorrow. All a bit more complicated than I had anticipated.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X